Saving Money will change your life! Learn how to save money on groceries by using coupons, find tips for how to save money, and recipes for feeding your family on a budget.
It doesn’t matter if you are saving money on toothpaste or designer jeans. It is possible to live on budget and have great quality items and feed your family quality meals for less. These tips and tricks are designed to teach you about saving money, give you great Do It Yourself Ideas, Recipe Ideas for feeding your family on a budget and more.
Make sure you follow Passion For Savings on Pinterest to keep up with all the latest articles and recipes.
Sweet treats and kid’s crafts go hand in hand during the holiday season, which is why this simple DIY project is one you will want to check out. These sweet and simple ice cream cone trees are so easy to make, fun to eat, and are a great holiday tradition you can start with your own children. You only need a few inexpensive ingredients, and the final product is something that will not only make your holiday table look festive but can double as a dessert. Take a peek at how you can get started!
Sweet & Simple Ice Cream Cone Trees
Ice cream cones
Green food coloring
In our sample picture, we used a green frosting. You of course can make your trees whatever color you wish. Get creative and have fun!
1. Begin by mixing a cup of frosting with 3-4 drops of food coloring in a bowl. Mix well and add additional drops until the frosting is your desired color.
2. Place your ice cream cone pointy side up on a paper plate. Begin applying the frosting using your butter knife. It is easiest and looks best if you move the knife up and down like you are buttering a piece of bread.
3. Continue spreading the frosting until the entire cone is covered. Then, take a small amount of frosting on the tip of your knife and spread it along the bottom edge to make sure the entire cone is covered.
4. Now it is time to decorate your tree. Sprinkle candies, candy sugar, or other decorative embellishments of your choice onto the cone.
5. Give your tree a few minutes to dry. Once the frosting dries out a bit it will be easier to transfer the tree to a clean surface for display. You can also gently shake loose any candy or sprinkles.
That is all there is to it! You can now go right ahead and make these a sweet snack or you can group them into a display on your holiday table. Whichever you decide to do, there is no denying that these sweet and simple ice cream cone trees are a festive and frugal way to get into the holidays!
Make sure you Follow Me on Pinterest!
you also might like...
Connect with Us: