Now we have all made homemade ornaments out of paper, glue, and porsicle sticks with our kids and while they are such wonderful creations, these ornaments at Martha Stewart Online are just as easy with an added sophistication. I just adore the button wreath- so pretty and can be made with things you already have! In fact, almost all of the ornaments are made with things I have in my house right now and I just love them. What makes them even better is that you can make them with your kids and maybe spare a peppermint or red hot for a sweet treat :)
- 5 Peppermints
- White Icing
- 5 Red Hots
- Wax Paper
- Lay the 5 peppermints on the wax paper to make the star.
- Bond them together with small amounts of icing between each.
- Add the Red Hots with icing and let dry for two hours.
- Loop yarn or fabric around mints or candies and hang on your tree.
- Your choice of buttons (about 72 each)
- Needle-nose pliers or wire cutters
- 22-gauge green floral wire, cut to 9-inches
- Ribbon 1/8 inch wide and 6 inches long
- Make a small loop at the end of the wire with the pliers.
- Thread buttons onto the wire to make desired size. (your choice :))
- Bend the plain end of the wire around the looped end to make the circle.
- Attach the ribbon between buttons and make bow to attach to tree.
- Cardstock, Christmas Card, or Construction Paper (Cardstock is more sturdy)
- Decorative Paper
- Pinking Shears or Scrapbooking Scissors
- Tape and Glue and Stapler
- Draw an arc onto a corner of the construction paper or cardstock using a compass opened up as wide as possible.
- Using a pair of pinking shears or scrapbooking scissors, cut inside the line.
- Roll the paper into a cone and staple and reinforce with tape along the inside seam.
- For the decoration, draw a shape out of paper or Christmas Card of your choice, cut just inside the line with pinking shears or scrapbook scissors.
- Glue the cutout to the front of the cone.
- Punch a hole on both sides of the cone, thread a ribbon through, and knot the ends to hang on tree and fill with your favorite candies!
I absolutely love all of these ideas and you can have your kids do alot for you! These are so beautiful and cheap and I love that you can decorate your tree with ornaments you and your kids are proud of:)
Make sure you check out yesterday’s Santa Belt Napkin Ring if you missed it!
Photo Credit: MarthaStewart.com
you also might like...