I’ve got a great Copy Cat Recipe for you today!! Check out this Copy Cat Rhodes Freezer Dinner Rolls Recipe. I love these so much that I hardly ever buy Pre-made Freezer Rolls any more!
You can make a ton of these at once then freeze them and just pull out the amount you need for dinner each night!
We only have 5 people in our family and while I love to cook from scratch it can be really time consuming and sometimes wasteful. So I’m loving this recipe that gives me flexibility and ease while still having to make biscuits from scratch without wasting any ingredients! And my family loves having the taste of Homemade Rolls at Dinner!
- 4 1/2 Cups Flour
- 1/4 Cup Shortening
- 1/2 Cup Sugar
- 2 1/2 tsp. Salt
- 1 1/2 Tbsp. Dry Yeast
- 1 1/2 Cups Warm Water
- 1/2 Cup Melted Butter
- Combine Dry Ingredients in a Bowl and Mix
- Cut in Shortening into Flour Mixture
- Slowly add Water while mixing gently
- Knead Dough on a Floured Surface for about 10-15 Min
- Place in a bowl with a little oil in it. Flip Bread and Cover.
- Let Rise 1 Hour or until it doubles
- Punch Down Dough and form small balls (About 1 1/2 inches)
- FREEZE at this point on a pan, then place balls into a Air Tight Bag to Store
- Let Rise 45 in on a Baking Sheet for Fresh Dough
- Let Frozen Rolls rise about 3 hours
- Bake at 400 for about 12 Minutes
- Brush with Melted Butter out of the oven