- 3/4 Cup of Wild Rice
- 1 Chopped Onion
- 1 Cup Cut Carrots
- 1 Cup Cut Celery
- 1/2 Cup. Butter (Divided)
- 1 Clove of Garlic minced
- 5 Cups Low Sodium Chicken Broth
- 1/2 tsp. Thyme
- 1 tsp. Salt
- 1 tsp. Pepper
- 2 Cups Cooked Chicken (Or use a Rotisserie Chicken)
- 1/2 Cup Flour
- 1 Cup Milk
- 1 Cup Heavy Cream
- Cook Rice according to Package Directions
- In a Large Stock Pot combine 2 Tbsp. Butter, Onion, Carrots, Celery and saute 5-6 minutes on medium/high heat
- Remove from pan and set aside.
- In the same pan add 6 Tbsp. of Butter until melted. Add in 1/2 Cup of Flour and stir consistently for 1-2 minutes until smooth and thick. Slowly add in milk and cook another 5 minutes.
- Add Back in the Sauted vegetables, Rice and Chicken
- Add 5 Cups of Chicken Broth Slowly & Heavy Cream and stir.
- Cook on low until serving.