- 2-3 pounds country style pork spare ribs (bone in* or boneless) 1 cup hickory BBQ sauce – divided
- 1⁄4 cup apricot preserves
- 1 TBS low sodium soy sauce
- 1⁄4 tsp ground black pepper 1⁄4 tsp salt
- In the pot of a 5 qt. (or more) slow cooker, add 1⁄2 cup bbq sauce, apricot preserves, soy sauce, pepper, and salt; whisk well to mix.
- Trim as much fat off the spare ribs as possible. Place into slow cooker; toss to coat ribs with sauce.
- Cook on low for 7-8 hours*, until ribs are tender but not falling apart. Remove ribs from slow cooker; skim grease off the top of the remaining sauce in slow cooker and discard. Stir remaining 1⁄2 cup BBQ sauce into slow cooker sauce; whisking to combine. Spoon sauce over ribs and serve.
- *Bone-in ribs may cook a bit faster, start checking at 6 hours for doneness.
- You can also make this recipe with shredded pork. Cook the meat for 1 hour longer, then remove and shred pork with 2 forks, place back into crock pot and coat with sauce.