- 4 cups hot water
- 1 (19-20 ounce) package of brownie mix 1⁄4 cup vegetable oil
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 1 egg
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 3⁄4 cup chopped walnuts
- nonstick spray
- 14 caramel candies, unwrapped whipped cream or ice cream for topping
- Add 4 cup hot water to the bowl of a slow cooker; turn heat setting to high.
- In a large bowl, combine brownie mix, vegetable oil, water, and egg; mix until completely
- combined. Stir in chocolate chips and nuts.
- Using a heat safe/proof bowl or casserole dish (that fits in your slow cooker – I used a
- medium size glass bowl that was oven safe); spray with nonstick spray. Pour brownie mixture into the bowl/dish. Place caramels on top of brownie mixture, pressing down a bit, but not far enough that they are covered (about half way covered with mixture).
- Cover bowl/dish with foil, making sure it’s tight around the edges. Place into slow cooker and cook for 4 1⁄2 hours on high. Remove bowl from slow cooker, uncover, allow to sit for 30 minutes.
- Serve warm with whipped cream or ice cream on top! Enjoy!