- 6 Organic Apples
- 6 Wooden Skewers, Lollipop or Popsicle sticks
- 2 cup Sugar
- 1/2 cup Corn Syrup
- 1 cup Water
- Red Food Coloring
- If you don’t buy organic apples, you will need to remove the wax to allow candy to stick.
- To remove wax, boil 6 cups water with 1 teaspoon or vinegar. Remove from heat. Dip apple in water and dry completely.
- Line a cookie sheet with paprchment paper and spray with non stick spray.
- Wash and thoroughly dry the apples.
- Insert the sticks in the apples.
- Heat sugar, corn syrup and water over medium heat.
- Cook until a candy thermometer reaches 300 (hard crack).
- Remove from the heat and stir in the optional food coloring (watch out for splashing).
- Carefully dip each apple into the candy mixture, twirling to completely cover.
- Allow excess to drip back into pan.
- Place on prepared sheet and allow them to harden.