Recently Walmart Challenged me to see if I could fill a Stocking for under $25 at Walmart. I thought this sounded like a fun task so I decided to give it a shot. I set out yesterday to create a stocking for my Almost 3 year old boy. You can watch the video and see what I was able to find while shopping at Walmart.
Some of my favorite areas for finding stocking stuffers included the following:
- Christmas Gift Aisle – This is located at the front of my store and it had lots of gifts like Bubble Bath, Candy, Toys, Bath Sets and more priced at $1, $5, and $10!
- Party Favors – If you have several kids don’t forget to check out the Party Favors Section for great little toys and coloring books that would be perfect for filling a stocking. These typically come in packs of 4-8 so this is great for dividing up and filling more than one stocking.
- Scrapbooking/Crafts Section – One of my favorite finds was The Scrapbooking Stickers. I found an entire section of stickers for just $1 that were perfect for stockings.
- Toys and Games – The Toy section had lots of great finds for $1. I was able to get Jacks, a small Football, a Slinky and some Hot Wheels Cars in this section.
- Kids Clothing – The Kids sections of the store also had great Winter items such as Gloves, Hats and Scarves. The 2 Packs of Gloves were just $1 so you could divide that between 2 stockings to save even more.
- Holiday Candy Aisle – There is a Holiday Candy Aisle located by the food in my supercenter which had Candy filled Candy Canes for just $1. They also had the Lifesaver and Starburst Story books for just $3 (Don’t forget there’s a Coupon Here)
Overall I spent just at $24.94 for a complete stocking! If you still haven’t pulled off your Holiday Stockings yet then make sure you head out to Walmart to get these done on a budget. With the extra money you save maybe you can grab some Starbucks or a slice of Cheesecake to share with hubby after the Kids go to bed!
Details and Disclosure: Walmart challenged me to share my findings with you and provided me with a gift card to do my shopping. All opinions and thoughts are completely mine. You can read more in my disclosure policy.