I thought I would start at the Beginning of Earning Money with Surveys. Each Monday I post a Favorite Survey Company that is accepting applications and give you the chance to make a little money online.
I have been doing online survey’s for about 2 1/2 years now and while these won’t make you rich, they will provide you with a few extra gift cards for a date night, or maybe a little extra shopping money around Christmas time.
As with anything it’s important to have a plan and a goal for taking online surveys. I find the most successful people who make money taking online surveys, do so because they have a continual plan, time and goal for the money they want to make. Here are a few things it’s important to consider before taking online surveys:
1. What an I trying to achieve? Like I mentioned above, Surveys won’t make you rich. You can plan on earning around $1-3 per survey from an online site, Typically this is paid out as Gift Cards, Amazon.com Money, Starbucks Gift Cards, and occasionally Cash. If you are trying to supplement your income from home this is probably not the best route for you, but if you’re just looking for a little bit of extra “Fun Money” then this might be the way to go. A few of my favorite uses for Survey Rewards include:
- Starbucks Gift Cards – Starbucks is something I don’t think I’ll ever have in my budget, but it’s something I enjoy. I use gift cards from Swagbucks, My Survey and Lightspeed Panel to treat myself to the occasional Starbucks Coffee with Friends.
- Dinner with your Hubby! If you’re interested in earning Gift Cards to Olive Garden or other Restaurants try sites like Lightspeed Panel, or Daily Survey Panel.
- A New Sweater or Pair of Shoes – Many Survey Companies allow you to earn gift cards to places like T.J. Maxx, Old Navy, Banana Republic and more. I like My Points and Shop it To Me for this type of reward.
2. How much time do I have? You really want to think about how much time you have to spend earning rewards online. Some people block out 15 -20 minutes each morning and do one survey per day, Others do best with Open and Read emails that only take a few seconds each. Others prefer to Shop & Earn with sites like Ebates, Swagbucks and more.
3. When will you work on your rewards? Decide before you ever begin when you will work on earning your rewards. Some people (If your work allows) Download the Swagbucks toolbar and use it instead of google while they are working. Others want to take surveys while watching TV at night (That’s like getting paid to watch TV). Some want to do them during nap time. The key to survey sites is to be consistent. One survey won’t add up to much, but if you take one a day you’ll see some nice rewards so set a time and be consistent.
A few of my favorite Survey Programs Include:
If you have a great strategy or plan for taking surveys I’d love to hear it! Leave a comment and share your favorite Time, Way or Program for earning Money online.