It is Day 3 of the Holiday Craft Ideas for the Family and this may be my favorite one yet!
I can’t even tell you how much I love these Santa Belt Napkin Rings I saw at kaboose.com! Not only is it a fun activity to do with the kids, but these are the CUTEST and least expensive napkin rings I have ever seen and will look amazing on your Christmas themed dinner table! Supplies are minimal and this could be done with kids of any age.
- Toilet Paper or Paper Towel Tube
- 1 Sheet each of red, white, and black felt or craft foam (or use fake white fur)
- Gold pipe cleaners or gold glitter glue
- White craft glue or Hot Glue
- Cut toilet paper/paper towel tube into 1.5 inch mini-rolls.
- Measure red felt around tube and cut to fit and glue around tube.
- Cut strip of black felt about 1/2 inch wide and line up with seams and glue.
- Cut two strips of white felt 1/4-inch wide and glue around outer edges of red felt.
- Cut a 3-inches of gold pipe cleaner and bend to create buckle and glue down to black felt (or apply gold glitter glue)
These are so incredibly adorable and also will look amazing on your dinner table.You could dress up the supplies with the fake fur or richer fabrics and make them look more sophisticated if that fits your style better! I know that kids love to help out with “grown up” projects, and this is such a perfect way to let them help you with something that is functional for your own uses.
Make sure you check out yesterday’s Holiday Craft Snowman Bottles if you missed it!
Photo Credit: kaboose.com