- 3 Anchovy fillets
- 1 tbsp minced Garlic
- 1/2 tsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1 Egg Yolk
- 2 tbsp Lemon Juice
- 1/2 tsp Dijon Mustard
- 1/4 Olive Oil
- 1/2 cup Vegetable Oil
- 1/4 cup Grated Parmesan
- Salt and Pepper (to taste)
- 2 cup Croutons
- 3 Romaine hearts, leaves separated and chopped
- 1/4 cup shaved Parmesan
- In a blender or food processor, add drained anchovy fillets, garlic, egg yolk, lemon juice, Worcestershire and mustard.
- Pulse until liquified.
- Leave running and slowly add olive oil and then vegetable oil through the liquid feed.
- This should produce a thick dressing.
- Add in grated Parmesan and pulse to blend.
- Add salt, pepper, and additional lemon juice to taste.
- Refrigerate until ready to use.
- Place the lettuce in a large bowl.
- Drizzle with desired amount of dressing and toss until well coated.
- Sprinkle top with shaved Parmesan, croutons and black pepper.
- NOTE CONTAINS RAW EGG YOLK: Use caution in consuming raw and lightly cooked eggs due to the slight risk of salmonella. To reduce this risk, we recommend you use only fresh, properly refrigerated, clean grade A or AA eggs with intact shells, and avoid contact between the yolks and the shell. To completely avoid risk use pasteurized eggs.