- 1 Refrigerated Pie Crust (or homemade if you prefer)
- 2/3 cup Sugar
- 1/4 cup Cocoa Powder
- 3 Tbsp Cornstarch
- 1/4 tsp Salt
- 2 1/4 cup Milk
- 1 tsp Vanilla
- 1 cup Heavy Cream
- 3 tbsp Sugar
- Preheat oven to 450.
- Press pie crust into a 9″ pie pan and bake on lower rack for 10-12 minutes (until crust is browned).
- Allow to cool completely.
- Combine sugar, cocoa, cornstarch, and salt in a medium pan.
- While stirring constantly, slowly add in milk and bring to a boil over medium heat.
- Remove from the heat and stir in vanilla.
- Pour into pie crust and chill until firm.
- Whip heavy cream at high speed.
- Slowly add 3 tablespoons sugar.
- Beat until stiff peaks form.
- Spread whipped cream over pie.
- Sprinkle with shaved chocolate (optional).
- Refrigerate until ready to serve.