This slow cooker recipe will have you making your favorite soap in no time.
- 2/3 cup coconut oil, liquid
- 2/3 cup olive oil
- 2/3 cup almond oil
- 1/4 cup powdered lye
- 3/4 cup cold purified water
- Essential Oils (optional)
- Soap Mold
- Add oils together in a slow cooker and heat on low.
- On a protected space and with rubber gloves, pour lye into a glass jar. Slowly add cold water and stir well. Continue to stir until solution becomes clear. Let set for 5 minutes.
- Slowly pour lye solution into slow cooker with oils. Stir well.
- Use an immersion blender to whip the mixture until it’s similar to pudding. This could take some time.
- Remove the blender and place the lid on the slow cooker. Check every 10 minutes, stirring every time.
- When mixture is shiny and soft like Vaseline, it’s ready. Add your essential oils. You’ll need 30-40 drops for this soap recipe.
- Spoon into molds and let set 24 hours.
- Remove from molds.
- Break away excess with your fingers or use a carrot peeler to remove rough edges.