- 1⁄2 bag of tortilla chips
- 15 ounce can black beans, drained and rinsed 2 plum tomatoes, chopped
- 4 ounces monterey jack cheese, shredded
- 3 green onions, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup sour cream
- hot sauce, optional
- Heat grill over low heat. Taking 2 sheets of heavy duty foil, at least 20 inches long each, set them on top of each other.
- On the longest side, fold both pieces of foil together, and over, 3 times. This is going to combine the sheets together to make one huge piece of foil.
- After folding the foil together, open the non folded sides opening to one giant sheet (fold part should be in the center). Spray the whole foil with non stick spray.
- Place tortilla chips into the center of the foil. Spread beans out on top of the chips, then tomatoes, then sprinkle the cheese on top to cover.
- Pull up long sides of foil, together above the chips; fold twice to seal, leaving room above nachos. Roll the sides up so that they are sealed, also leaving some space around nachos.
- Place on grill over low heat, close grill, cook for 8-10 minutes. Remove, open carefully (steam will be coming out), add green onions, sour cream, and hot sauce (optional) to the top.
- Serve immediately and enjoy!
- Note: Be sure to cook over LOW heat on the grill. Cooking over too high of heat will result in chips burning on the bottom. Also be sure to leave room around nachos when sealing the foil pack, you need there to be room for steam to circulate to melt the cheese and heat everything.