Slow Cooker Olive Garden Chicken Gnocchi Soup is the easy way to get your Olive Garden fix without leaving your home. A simple slow cooker soup recipe that you can throw on and the slow cooker handle the rest.
Olive Garden Chicken Gnocchi Soup
Copycat Olive Garden chicken gnocchi soup is one of my favorites. Potato Gnocchi, chicken, loads of veggies in a savory broth. Serve this up for parties, family dinners and more. If you are on the hunt for the Olive Garden chicken gnocchi soup recipe, here it is. This is as close as yo can get to the real deal!
What Is In Chicken Gnocchi Soup
- Boneless Chicken
- Potato Gnocchi
- Half and Half
- Chicken Broth
All of these flavors come together and create a creamy chicken gnocchi recipe that will win over anyone. Give this super simple soup recipe a try today.
Can I Make Chicken Gnocchi Soup on Stove Top
Absolutely, you can make this chicken gnocchi soup on the stove. I opt for the slow cooker for a hands-off approach. It simplifies mealtime for me. I am busy and don’t have time to hover over the stove. If you want stove top go for it. Just prep as directed and slow simmer for a couple of hours, to ensure chicken is fully cooked.
The longer you let your soup simmer on low heat, the more the flavors will infuse. I always think the second day of this soup is best if made on the stovetop.
How Long Does Olive Garden Gnocchi soup take to Cook in Slow Cooker
You will want to cook your gnocchi soup on low for 5-6 hours, to ensure chicken gets fully cooked. Then at this point, you can add in the spinach, and sauteed garlic, and allow it to cook another 30 minutes to an hour to infuse the flavor.
- 3 Boneless Skinless Chicken Breasts, cooked and shredded
- 2 Stalks celery, chopped
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 2 carrots, peeled and shredded
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 4 cups chicken broth
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 tablespoon Italian blend seasoning
- 1 16 oz package potato gnocchi
- 2 cups half and half
- 1 cup fresh spinach leaves, chopped
- Add chicken, celery and carrots, Italian seasoning, and chicken broth
to the crock pot.
- Cover and cook on low for 5-6 hour until chicken is thoroughly cooked.
- Remove chicken from crock pot and shred with a fork. Return shredded chicken to crock pot and add potato gnocchi and half and half.
- Sauté garlic and spinach in oil and butter on stove top and add to crock pot. Let cook on low for another 30 minutes to an hour so flavors can combine.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 6 servings Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 435Total Fat: 18gSaturated Fat: 9gTrans Fat: 1gUnsaturated Fat: 8gCholesterol: 115mgSodium: 1601mgCarbohydrates: 40gFiber: 3gSugar: 6gProtein: 28g
What To Serve With Chicken Gnocchi Soup
- Copycat Olive Garden Breadsticks
- Dinner Rolls or Homemade Bread
- Side Salad or Chopped Salad
- Side Sandwich (for a lighter lunch)
You can pair anything that sounds good with this soup. I serve it as a main dish since it is hearty!
What Type of Gnocchi Do You Use For Olive Garden Gnocchi Soup
I use potato gnocchi. You can find it at most grocery stores. This is going to help give you that similar taste that you get at the Olive Garden. I know there are other gnoccchi’s out but the potato is the only one I have used.
Looking for More Copycat Recipes
- 21 Panera Bread Copycat Recipes | Here are 21 recipes that you will want to make at home, instead of heading out to Panera Bread!
- CopyCat Shamrock Milkshake | Love McDonald’s milkshake? You can recreate it any time of year, which is so nice anytime you get the craving for one.
- P.F. Chang’s Lettuce Wraps | Talk about one incredible copycat recipe to make at home. A great weeknight meal that is so simple to do!