Slice and serve up these rich and delicious Reese’s Cake Mix cookie bars. These are a 5 ingredient dessert that the base is a cake mix. Soft, chewy cookie bars that are studded with Reese’s pieces and peanut butter cups in each bite.
Colors of fall speckle the top of these cake mix cookie bars. A great Halloween or Thanksgiving treat to serve up. Best part of all, these cookie bars take minutes to prep, and bake in no time.
Why You Will Enjoy This Reese’s Cake Mix Cookie Bars
Cake Mix Base – The start of this recipe begins with boxed cake mix. It is so quick to throw together as you are not measuring out all the ingredients for the cookie bars.
Mix in Reese’s – Mix in diced up Reese’s peanut butter cups and Reese’s pieces! So you have an overload of delicious peanut butter flavor in every single bite.
Budget Friendly Dessert – An affordable dessert you can make in no time. Just 5 ingredients and a few you might already have stashed in your pantry!
Great Beginner’s Baker Recipe – New to baking in the kitchen? Here is a great recipe that is so simple to follow and a fool-proof dessert. Just don’t overbake, as that will dry out the cookie bars. Otherwise, the recipe is a breeze.
What Do You Need For Reese’s Cookie Bars
- Cake Mix – I used a yellow cake mix for this cake mix cookie bar recipe. Now, you could use white in a pinch or even a butter cake.
- Butter – I do recommend butter over margarine. It will give the cookie bars a better flavor and texture compared to margarine.
- Reese’s Pieces
- Reese’s Peanut Butter Cups
How to Make Reese’s Cake Mix Cookie Bars
Full directions are below in the printable recipe card. This is a quick walk through on how to make the simple cookie cake mix bars!
Start by adding all your ingredients: candies, cake mix, egg and butter in a bowl. Mix well until it forms a nice batter. Mix until fully combined. Make sure to remove as much of the clumps as you can. It is okay if a few remain.
Pour into a 9×13 baking dish, and bake as directed in the recipe card below.
Once done, slice and serve!
You can store your cookie bars at room temperature in an airtight container once they have cooled. Then if you don’t want to eat them all right away, freeze any leftovers. The bars can freeze for 3-5 months. Then eat cold from the freezer, or thaw on the counter.
Expert Tips and Variations To Recipe
- Make sure to use a 15.25 size cake mix for this recipe.
- Yellow, white, or even butter cake works.
- Swap out the candies you use if you want to change it up. Chopped Snickers, Milky ways, M&M’s, etc.
- Don’t overbake the bars, or they will become dry.
Want More Peanut Butter Lover Recipes
- Reese’s Peanut Butter Cup Edible Cookie Dough
- No Bake Peanut Butter Cheesecake
- Peanut Butter Brookie Cups
- Easy Pillow Cookies with Peanut Butter
- 1 box yellow cake mix
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 1 cup Reese's Pieces
- 1 cup Reese's Peanut Butter Cups, Chopped
- Preheat Oven to 350 degrees. Spray a 9x13 baking pan with nonstick spray and/or line with parchment paper.
- Combine all ingredients in a large mixing bowl and mix until thoroughly combined.
- Spread in 9x13 pan and bake for 20-25 minutes, or until the edges begin to turn golden brown
- . If desired, add extra candies on top after removing from the oven. Cool completely before removing from pan.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 12 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 418Total Fat: 20gSaturated Fat: 10gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 8gCholesterol: 52mgSodium: 488mgCarbohydrates: 56gFiber: 2gSugar: 36gProtein: 7g