- 1 and 1/2 pounds of chicken, diced into chucks
- 1 and 1/2 tablespoons cornstarch + extra for thickening sauce
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 1/3 cup chicken stock
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce, low-sodium preferred
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 and 1/2 teaspoons grated ginger
- 1 teaspoon light brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon dry sherry or red wine
- 1 cup cashews
- crushed red pepper flakes, optional
- 1 head of fresh or frozen cauliflower
- Prepare your chicken by mixing your diced chicken with the cornstarch. Add the oil, we used vegetable oil, to a large skillet and add in the chicken. Cook on medium-heat until the chicken is fully cooked.
- Mix together your sauce, by adding chicken stock, soy sauce, honey, minced garlic, grated ginger, brown sugar, and dry sherry or red wine to a bowl and whisk together. Pour the sauce into the same pan as the chicken and simmer on low. Add in extra cornstarch if your sauce needs to be thickened.
- While your sauce is thickening, prepare your cauliflower rice by either thawing or chopping into florets. If using frozen, try to squeeze out as much water from the florets as possible. Add to a food processor and pulse a few times until it resemble rice.
- Stir in the cashews and serve on top of the cauliflower rice.