- 1 cup cooked rice, warm or at room temperature
- 1 cup cooked, shredded chicken (or other leftover meat, like shredded pork or beef)
- 1 can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 green onion, finely sliced (white and green parts)
- 1/2 red or green pepper, diced
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- juice of 1 lime
- 1/2 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 2 cups shredded cheese (I sometimes use cheddar or whatever I have on hand)
- Sour cream (optional)
- 6 burrito-sized flour tortillas
- Mix rice together with chili powder, cumin and garlic salt.
- Add remaining ingredients except for cheese and sour cream.
- Sprinkle cheese over tortillas leaving 1/2-inch border around edges.
- Arrange chicken and rice mixture down the center of each tortilla.
- Roll stuffed tortillas, leaving edges open and slightly flatten the wraps with the palm of your hand.
- I use a small pastry brush and brush a little bit of water along the seams so they seal easier.
- Heat a large non-stick skillet (or griddle) over medium heat for 1 minute.
- Arrange wraps, seam-side down, in pan or griddle and cook until golden brown and crisp, about 2-3 minutes per side (Cooking them seam-side down first helps seal the long edge so they don’t fall apart).
- Transfer to a plate and repeat with remaining wraps. Serve warm.