This Strawberry Cake Recipe is so easy to make, made from scratch, and contains no Jello. A fresh strawberry cake recipe that will blow all other recipes out of the water. This is hands down the best strawberry cake recipe that you will want to give a go! Great for summer cookouts, birthday parties, after-school treats and more.
Here’s an Easy Strawberry Cake Recipe made from scratch without Jello.
So many Strawberry Cake recipes contain Jello and I really wanted a Fresh Strawberry Cake Recipe so I decided to create my own! The results were amazing, so I decided to share this recipe with you! I love using Fresh Strawberries in recipes! This would be a great recipe to make for a Birthday Party, Girls Baby Shower, or Wedding Shower! You can also make this for your family or friends! Use this recipe to make a cake, cupcakes, 0r mini cupcakes!
Strawberry Cake Recipe
Why make a cake using fresh strawberries? Well, the Jello versions are fun but you will get such a vibrant and fresh strawberry flavor in this strawberry cake recipe. Cake recipes from scratch can intimidate some, but I promise this recipe is easy and straightforward. You can make a cake or cupcakes as I did here.
Why Do You Puree Part Of The Strawberries In Strawberry Cake Recipe
If you only add in chopped strawberries it will give you more of a vanilla cake with bits of strawberry throughout. But when you puree part of the strawberries, it gives you that strawberry cake flavor in every single bite. Moist, light, and bursting with strawberry flavor.
Strawberry Cake Batter
You will start with a white cake batter that when you stir in the strawberry puree and chopped strawberries it becomes one bright pink batter that transformed into a strawberry cake batter. You can add food coloring to help brighten the color but it is not a have to.
Can I Use Jam To Replace Pureed Strawberries In Strawberry Cake Recipe
You can but it will take away a bit from the fresh strawberry flavor. I would also recommend that you use less sugar if you use a jam since it contains sugar in it.
Do You Strain Strawberry Puree for Fresh Strawberry Cake Recipe
Yes, after you puree the strawberries you can run it through a strainer to help remove the extra seeds. If you don’t mind the seeds you are welcome to leave them. You will see them in the cake if you choose to leave them in it.
Check Out These Cake Recipes
- Chocolate Chip Cupcakes with Cookie Dough Frosting
- Mermaid Cupcakes with Mermaid Tail Cupcake Toppers
- Strawberry Icebox Cake Recipe!
- 1 ½ Cups White Sugar
- ½ Cup Butter
- 2 Eggs
- 2 tsp. Vanilla Extract
- 2 Cups All Purpose Flour
- 2 tsp. Baking Powder
- ½ Cup Milk
- 1/2 Cup Strawberry Puree
- ½ Cup Chopped & Smashed Strawberries
- 3-4 Drops of Red Food Coloring (Optional)
- Combine Strawberry Puree Butter & Sugar, Slowly add in Eggs and Vanilla (Add food coloring if desired)
- Mix Dry Ingredients together and Add into Sugar Mixture
- Slowly add Milk and stir gently
- Slowly stir in smashed strawberries
- Pour batter into a Cake Pan or Cupcake Pan and Bake a Cake for 40 Minutes on 350 degrees, or Cupcakes for 20 Minutes on 350 degrees.
- Top with your favorite frosting recipe!
- Notes: Puree Strawberries in a blender and strain to remove seeds. Smashed Strawberries are just chopped lightly and topped with 2 tsp. of sugar, let them sit and they will become juicy, smash gently with a fork. This creates larger chunks of strawberries in your cake mixture. If you do not want larger chunks of strawberries you can puree the entire box of strawberries. I get about 1 cup of Strawberry Puree from 1 lb. of Strawberries.
Frosting For Fresh Strawberry Cake Recipe
You are welcome to use any of your favorite frosting recipes! Whether you want a classic buttercream, cream cheese frosting, or even a fresh strawberry frosting. Whatever you choose it will taste fantastic with this recipe.
How To Store Strawberry Cake with Fresh Strawberries
I store my cake in the fridge or even cupcakes. Depending on the frosting you use will also depend if it needs to be in the fridge or if it can be on the counter. Cream cheese frosting and even buttercream do best when stored in the fridge in my opinion.
How To Decorate A Strawberry Cake or Cupcakes
To top off your cake or cupcakes, sprinkle with some clear sprinkles for an elegant look! These would be awesome cupcakes to make for Easter or a Princess Birthday Party! This Homemade Strawberry Cake Recipe will be one of your favorites!
Also, be sure to check out my Strawberry Tea Recipe for another recipe to make with your Summer Strawberries! This tea is AMAZING and is sure to become a staple in your house!