Saving Money will change your life! Learn how to save money on groceries by using coupons, find tips for how to save money, and recipes for feeding your family on a budget.
It doesn’t matter if you are saving money on toothpaste or designer jeans. It is possible to live on budget and have great quality items and feed your family quality meals for less. These tips and tricks are designed to teach you about saving money, give you great Do It Yourself Ideas, Recipe Ideas for feeding your family on a budget and more.
Make sure you follow Passion For Savings on Pinterest to keep up with all the latest articles and recipes.
My coffee maker is something that I do not like to clean. But it always seems to get dirty quickly, so it is something I try to do often. Whether you have a single cup brewer, like a Keurig, or a regular coffee maker, many of the parts can be removed and run through the dishwasher. This includes the filter holder, drip tray, and other pieces, depending on what type you have. This along with wiping down the outside will take care of your general cleaning of your small coffee making appliance.
But, the inside of your coffee maker can get dirty too, and should be cleaned out on a regular basis. You can do this by running vinegar through a cycle of the machine instead of water. This will remove any mineral deposits that have built up on the inside of your machine. Enough build up can make your coffee taste bad.
What you need:
– Coffee maker
What to do:
– Get rid of any leftover coffee and/or water from your coffee maker and rinse out the filter basket.
– Fill the water reservoir about halfway with vinegar. You can dilute it some with water if you prefer.
– Run through a cycle without adding a filter or k-cup to your coffee maker.
– If doing this for a regular coffeemaker, allow the vinegar to sit in the carafe for about 15 minutes to help clean that out as well.
– Now you need to run 2-3 cycles of just water through the machine to get rid of the vinegar taste and smell.
– If doing this with a regular coffee maker, be sure to wash the filter basket and carafe with warm soapy water or run them through the dishwasher before using again.
This process can take a little bit of time, maybe 20-30 minutes, depending on how many cycles you run through. But it is not a process that needs to be done often. Once or twice a year is good if your machine is used every day.
you also might like...
Connect with Us: