Whip up a batch of these monster cookie protein bites! The perfect back to school snack to pack in your child’s lunch or have them on hand for when your kids get home after a day at school.
These are a tasty cookie monster flavor loaded with peanut butter, M&M’s chocolate chips, flax seed and more. A great way to curb your appetite till dinner is done.
Why These Protein Bites Are A Hit
- Simple Ingredients
- Quick Prep
- Great source of protein
- Sweet flavor for kids to enjoy
- Flaxseed and Chia seeds for added nutrients
- Store well
- Freezer friendly
What Do I Need to Make Monster Cookie Protein Balls
How to Make Protein Balls
Full steps and measurements for ingredients are in the printable recipe card below.
Start by adding all the ingredients in the mixing bowl. Mix up until combined.
Use a cookie scoop and scoop up some of the mixture, roll into balls, and place on a parchment paper.
Tips and Variations to Recipe
- Reach for your favorite protein powder to mix in the balls. A chocolate or even vanilla flavor would work great.
- Swap out the chocolate chips with peanut butter chips.
- Use a cookie scoops so you get even sized protein balls.
- You can take out the M&M’s if you would like.
- Use a nut butter in replace of the peanut butter.
- Instead of honey use maple syrup for a sweetener.
Storing These Protein Balls
These protein balls do not have to be refrigerated. You can store them in an airtight container on the counter. I personally find the balls hold their shape if stored in the fridge.
The protein balls will last for around a week. If you don’t plan to eat them right away, feel free to freeze any leftover balls. Store the balls in a freezer container for 3-4 months. Thaw on the counter for a quick thaw, or fridge overnight.
Want more kid friendly recipes
Does This Recipe Double
Go right ahead and double or even triple the recipe. I find that these are a wonderful make ahead snack for kids and adults. I love the flavor, and my kids gobble them right up.
- 1/2 cup peanut butter
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1 cup old fashioned oats
- 1/3 cup ground flaxseed
- 1/4 cup mini chocolate chips
- 1 tbsp chia seeds
- 1/4 cup mini M&Ms
- Combine all ingredients in a medium sized mixing bowl and stir with a large spoon until combined.
- Roll into bite-sized balls and refrigerate before eating.
- You don't HAVE to refrigerate them, but the protein bites will hold together much better if you do.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 30 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 71Total Fat: 4gSaturated Fat: 1gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 3gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 23mgCarbohydrates: 8gFiber: 1gSugar: 5gProtein: 2g
Let me know how you like these Monster Cookie Peanut Butter Protein Balls!