Do you have a child who loves DIY projects? Or perhaps you are looking for a frugal way to have fun this summer? Whatever the case may be, The Home Depot Kids Workshops may be ideal for you and your family. The Home Depot Kids Workshops offer kids the chance to build something of their very own, in a safe and fun environment where all of the materials are provided to them at no cost! Here is how you can participate in The Home Depot Kids Workshops at a Home Depot near you!
Home Depot Kids Workshops
Sadly, Home Depot has canceled all their Workshops. BUT, they have recently been handing out Kids Worship Kits for FREE! These kits are designed for kids to take these kits home to complete. Some of these kits will require a hammer, screwdriver or paint. Here’s the latest kit you can grab…
The Next Home Depot Kids Workshop
Today I spotted a new workshop you can snag for your kids! In September, they can snag a kit to make this super cool “Mini Table Tennis”! How neat is that!? Keep in mind though – these are now first come, first serve. There’s no registration required. Call ahead to your local Home Depot to make sure there are kits left for pickup! Note: Since this is the September kit, there’s a good chance it isn’t in stock quite yet. So mark your calendars and check back on September 7th! :)
This is a super fun way for kids to still be able to create something fun at home! There will be a new kit available each month! You will want to call your local Home Depot to see if they have them in stock or go to the customer service counter to get a kit!
Here are the details for when Home Depot starts back with Kids Workshops!
How To Find A Home Depot Kids Workshop Near You:
1. Head to The Home Depot website and click on DIY PROJECTS AND IDEAS. Scroll down to DIY WORKSHOPS.
2. The DIY Workshops page will open and can then put your zip code in the search box.
3. Click enter and the website will pull up DIY Workshop offerings in your area.
4. Click on the location you wish to visit, and any available offerings will be displayed.
Once you find a location near you that is offering a DIY Workshop for kids, here is how you can get signed up!
1. Click on the REGISTER NOW button. Registering for the workshop is important because space at these workshops may be limited.
2. Once you click on the registration button, fill in the name of the participant, enter an email, and click COMPLETE REGISTRATION.
That’s all there is to it. You will then receive notification that you are registered for the event of your choosing. You will get an email confirming your space in the workshop, so be sure to check your email and the spam folder.
Activities You Can Look Forward To At Your Home Depot Kids Workshop:
1. Build your own garden box, bird feeder, bird house, and other outdoor essentials. Activities will vary by location and more information on the activities can be found on the registration page.
2. Children will get to use some basic tools such as hammers, nails, and measuring tape.
3. Children will learn basic tool and safety skills as they build their project. All classes are taught by a professional and children will be supervised during the class. Parents should stay and watch the lesson and help as needed.
4. When your project is complete, children can take home their project and put it to use!e Home Depot DIY Workshops for Kids are FREE, so they are a great way to keep kids active this summer while keeping a few extra bucks in your pocket! Generally, the classes are taken place on Saturday mornings. They generally run 60-90 minutes in length.
Find A Home Depot Kids Workshops Near You
Head to The Home Depot website and see the class offerings near you! Then, be sure to register so you can take part and make something fun! Kids will love the hands-on experience, and you will love that they are learning basic building skills and safety. It is a win-win for the whole family!
Here are even more Kid Activities!
Have you joined in on a Home Depot Workshop for Kids?