Ham and Mozzarella Cheese Sticks are a tasty appetizer or snack to serve up. Sliced ham, mozzarella cheese, wrapped in an egg roll wrapper and baked in the oven. If you love a classic cheese stick, you have to try this ham and cheese stick.
5 ingredients and about 30 minutes are all it takes to make these crispy ham and cheese sticks from start to finish. Kids and adults will love these. Pair with your favorite dipping sauce or eat them plain.
Want more tasty snacks
This Ham And Mozzarella Cheese Sticks Are…
- Just 5 ingredients
- Easy Prep
- Bakes in oven
- Dippable with your favorite sauce
- Egg Roll Wrappers
- Sliced Ham
- Mozzarella Cheese Sticks
- Garlic Salt
How to Make
Full steps are in the printable recipe card below. This is a quick overview of how to make it. Plus the picture helps you to know how to fold the egg roll wrapper properly.
Preheat the oven and prep the baking pan. Then lay an egg roll wrapper out and place meat and cheese in it. Then fold in the top sides, and then roll up the whole wrapper like a burrito.
Brush with oil and bake as directed, flipping halfway through.
Once done, allow the baked ham sticks to cool a bit, then serve and enjoy.
Where to Find Egg Roll Wrappers
Most egg roll wrappers are in the produce section at the store. They are next to wonton wrappers, bean sprouts, etc. Sometimes they can place them by the canned biscuits and pizza dough. It just depends on the layout at your local grocery store.
Variations to Recipe
- Swap out the ham with pepperoni, turkey, chicken, salami, etc. Or do meatless if you would like.
- The mozzarella cheese can be swapped with a different variety of cheese. Cheddar, Monterey jack, pepper jack, etc.
- Add different seasonings on top to help give the sticks more flavor.
- To make this into a pizza stick do pepperoni and a little pizza sauce.
- You will bake the cheese sticks until they are crispy and golden brown in color.
Best Way to Reheat Ham and Cheese Sticks
These cheese sticks are best fresh, as the crunch value will be lost a bit once it is cooled down. You can store it in the fridge for 2-3 days, and then reheat it you can do the microwave if you want. Or for a crunchier texture, then bake in the oven at 350 degrees until they are warmed through.
- 12 eggroll wrappers
- 12 mozzarella string cheese sticks
- 12 slices honey or smoked ham (thinly sliced)
- garlic salt, to taste
- olive oil
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Lay an eggroll wrap on a flat surface positioned in a diamond shape.
- Place the slice of ham in the middle, cutting it to size if needed. (Sometimes deli ham slices are larger than pre-packaged ham found in the cooler section.) Place one mozzarella stick in the middle of the ham.
- Fold in the top and sides of the wrapper onto the cheese and then roll up the entire wrapper to create an eggroll shape.
- Place seam-side down on baking sheet. Brush each roll lightly with olive oil and sprinkle with garlic salt to taste.
- Bake for 12-15 minutes or until golden. Remove from the oven and flip the sticks over.
- Place back in the oven for 4-5 more minutes or until browned to your preference.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 12 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 258Total Fat: 8gSaturated Fat: 4gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 3gCholesterol: 26mgSodium: 436mgCarbohydrates: 37gFiber: 1gSugar: 18gProtein: 10g