These Freezer Friendly Caramel Chocolate Pie Bars are super easy to make, and can be frozen for 3 months! They’re a perfect snack to make ahead of time and get out when you need a treat!
The bars are also perfect for kids if you like to make desserts ahead of time, then you can just get a few out at a time! Sometimes that is better than having an entire pan of dessert out because then everyone eats more than they want to!
Caramel chocolate pie bars are a crowd favorite and people fall head over heels in love with them every single time. They are also really really easy to whip up at home which in my opinion is super important!
I have taken these to a bake sale, and they’ve been gone in a flash. They’re also easy to stick into a lunchbox for kids, or in a ziplock for a snack at work. The options are endless with these Caramel Chocolate Pie Bars!
I also think this is something kids could make. My daughter is only 10 and she has been so interested in baking! I know she could make these with no problem and it would help me out so much!
I love to freezer cook for dinners, but it’s even better yet to freezer cook for desserts! You can bake these bars up to 3 months in advance, freeze them (just tightly wrap them) and once you are ready to serve just pop them in the oven for 10 minutes. They end up tasting the same as if you just made them from scratch that same day.
- 2 Cups flour
- 1 Cup cold butter
- ¼ Cup cold water
- 2 Tbsp sugar
- ½ Cup heavy cream
- 1 Cup chocolate chips
- ½ Cup sugar
- 2 Tbsp butter
- 1½ tsp vanilla extract
- Caramel sauce
- ½ Cup confectioner's sugar
- 2 Tbsp milk
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Prepare a baking tray with grease and flour.
- For the crust, mix all the ingredients in a bowl until getting a thick dough.
- Press the dough into the baking tray and set aside.
- For the filling, in a saucepan over medium heat mix the butter, sugar, and heavy cream. Stir until it starts boiling.
- Remove from the heat and add the chocolate chips. Stir until well incorporated.
- Spread the chocolate into the dough and fold 1 inch of the edges.
- Take to the oven and bake for 20 minutes or until done.
- Remove from the oven and let it cool down. Cut the pie into medium size pieces.
- For the sugar glaze, combine the confectioner's sugar and milk in a bowl until obtaining the desired consistency.
- Use piping bags to garnish with the caramel sauce and sugar glaze.
- Serve and enjoy.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 12 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 400Total Fat: 25gSaturated Fat: 16gTrans Fat: 1gUnsaturated Fat: 8gCholesterol: 57mgSodium: 155mgCarbohydrates: 43gFiber: 1gSugar: 25gProtein: 3g
I hope you enjoy this Recipe as much as we do! Just make these ahead of time and have them in your freezer when you’re ready for a treat!