This Freezer Friendly Caramel Chocolate Pie Bars Recipe is what you need to bake this holiday season.
There are delicious dessert recipes, and then there are mind blowing good delicious dessert recipes that get sold out at bake sales. These caramel chocolate pie bars are just that. They are good, they are a total crowd favorite and people fell head over heels in love with them every single time. They are also really really easy to whip up at home which in my opinion is super important during this season.
Because I’m going to be completely honest with you, I love the holidays, I seriously do, but there are so many things to do that it’s almost insane! And please don’t get me started on the crazy amount of food that needs to get cooked and baked. But these freezer friendly caramel chocolate pie bars? They are a breeze they take almost no oven time and they don’t use crazy ingredients.
You probably have almost all the things needed to make them at home in your pantry so if you have a stocked up one (and you know that I really believe that a stocked up pantry helps you save big time!), then you are probably going to spend nothing to make them. Which again is a total refresher in this season.
And can we talk about the fact that they are freezer friendly? You can bake them up to 3 months in advance, freeze them (just tightly wrap them) and once you are ready to serve pop in the oven for 10 minutes. They end up tasting the same like if you just made it from scratch that same day. Needless to say, it’s a total life saver and the best holiday hack that I have up in my sleeve.
- 2 Cups flour
- 1 Cup cold butter
- ¼ Cup cold water
- 2 Tbsps sugar
- ½ Cup heavy cream
- 1 Cup chocolate chips
- ½ Cup sugar
- 2 Tbsps butter
- 1½ Tsp vanilla extract
- Caramel sauce
- ½ Cup confectioner's sugar
- 2 Tbsps milk
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Prepare a baking tray with grease and flour.
- For the crust, mix all the ingredients in a bowl until getting a thick dough.
- Press the dough into the baking tray and set aside.
- For the filling, in a saucepan over medium heat mix the butter, sugar, and heavy cream. Stir until it starts boiling.
- Remove from the heat and add the chocolate chip. Stir until well incorporated.
- Spread the chocolate into the dough and fold 1 inch of the edges.
- Take to the oven and bake for 20 minutes or until done.
- Remove from the oven and let it cool down. Cut the pie into medium size pieces.
- For the sugar glaze, combine in a bowl the confectioner's sugar and milk until obtaining the desired consistency.
- Use piping bags to garnish with the caramel sauce and sugar glaze.
- Serve and enjoy.
I hope you enjoy this Holiday Recipe as much as we do! Just make these ahead of time and have them in your freezer when you’re ready for a treat!
Plus, be sure to check out even more Dessert Recipes for Thanksgiving and Christmas!
Make sure you Follow Me on Pinterest!