Here is the Safeway Coupon Policy for you to Print and take with you to your local Safeway!
The Safeway Coupon Policy states that each store will have a different policy on doubling coupons. I have found that most Safeway stores double coupons up to $0.50 but you should call and check with your local store before you shop. Safeway has a Club Card that you can load Digital Coupons to and take with you to the store and are automatically redeemed when you make a purchase and use the card. You cannot double Digital Coupons.
Safeway will give out Rainchecks in the event that an item is out of stock and they expire 90 days after they are issued to you.
It is important to know that Safeway will not take any coupons that have another store’s logo on them unless the coupon is for a specific item that is identical and in stock at Safeway. Safeway will give overages for coupon values that exceed the price of an item.
Here is the Safeway Coupon Acceptance Policy:
This policy applies to Safeway Inc. and its affiliates and subsidiaries in the USA
3. Coupons are subject to advertised offer limitations and all other limitations and restrictions on the applicable coupon or product.
4. Coupons may not be applied against any free item received in any offer.
5. Coupons have no cash value.
6. Safeway will not accept manufacturer coupons (including, but not limited to, coupons issued through a Catalina or other in-store coupon dispenser) that display another retailer’s logo or name unless such coupon is for a specific item with the same product identifiers as the product included in our customer’s purchase transaction and is sold and available at the store.
7. We will not accept coupons unless they have an expiration date. Expired coupons will not be accepted.
8. We will not accept coupons that, in the determination of Safeway personnel, appear distorted or blurry or are altered in any way.
9. Sales taxes will be applied in accordance with the law of the applicable state, regardless of any coupon or other discount that may apply to the purchase transaction.
10. All applicable bottle and packaging deposits on the purchased and free items must be paid by the customer.
11. Safeway reserves the right to refuse any coupons at its discretion.
12. Purchase reward thresholds (if any) will be calculated based upon customer’s final price (after deducting Club Card savings and all other discounts and savings) before deductions for any manufacturer coupons. As an example (and not as an offer), if a $10 minimum purchase is required for a customer reward, a customer’s order at full retail would be $12, a Club Card discount of $1.75 applies, and a manufacturer’s coupon of $1 applies, the customer would be given credit for a $10.25 purchase, and would be eligible for the reward (assuming compliance with all other requirements) even though the customer’s cash payment would be only $9.25. The manufacturer’s coupon would not be deducted from the total for purposes of determining reward eligibility. Purchase reward thresholds (if any) will be calculated based upon customer’s final price (after deducting Club Card savings, and all other discounts)
13. References to a threshold purchase requirement will exclude purchases of: Beer, Wine, Spirits, Tobacco Products, Fuel, All Fluid Items in the Refrigerated Dairy Section (including Fluid Dairy and Dairy Substitutes), Prescription Items and Co-payments, Bus/Commuter Passes, Fishing/Hunting Licenses and Tags, Postage Stamps, Money Orders, Money Transfers, Ski Tickets, Amusement Park Tickets, Event Tickets, Lottery Tickets, Phone Cards, Gift Cards, and Gift Certificates; also excluded are: Bottle Deposits, Redemption Values, and Sales Taxes.
16. Internet printed coupons must have serial numbers and must follow an industry-standard format.
17. Manufacturer internet printed coupons must clearly indicate that they are a manufacturer coupon and must have a valid manufacture address on the printed coupon.
18. We will not accept “free product” internet printed manufacturer coupons.
27. Rainchecks can be issued for up to six (6) items unless otherwise stated in the applicable advertisement.
28. Rainchecks will not be issued for Beer, Wine, Spirits, Tobacco Products, Fuel, All Fluid Items in the Refrigerated Dairy Section (including Fluid Dairy and Dairy Substitutes).
29. Rainchecks can be offered for store super coupon items unless otherwise specified on the coupon. Rainchecks will not be provided for items advertised as “clearance”, “while supplies last,” “limited quantities,” or other designation indicating a limited supply.
All coupon redemption terms are subject to our Coupon Acceptance Policy in effect at time of redemption.
We may change the terms of our Coupon Acceptance Policy at any time. Such changes may become effective without advance notice or advertisement. The current Coupon Acceptance Policy will be posted at the customer service area in each store. You are also advised to periodically check our website for any changes to the terms of our Coupon Acceptance Policy.