If you are like me, you hate a dirty window, but the thought of actually cleaning your windows is a little more than you can take. Check out these great Window Cleaning Hacks to make this dreaded job just a little easier.
1) For streak free shine, grab a newspaper instead of a rag or paper towel. If you don’t like the way it leaves your hands filled with ink, an unused coffee filter will do just as good without the messy hands. You can also purchase a small squeegee to use on inside or outside windows. The important part about using a squeegee is to wipe it off before each swipe.
2) A great way to keep those windows clean, and save you a little money, is to use your own homemade window cleaner. You can try my recipe for Homemade Window Cleaner.
3) When using the cleaner, do not overspray the windows. A little goes a long way and you can always spray again if you don’t think your first time did the job.
4) If after all of your hard work, you still find streaks on your windows, find something to wipe them away but that won’t leave residue behind. A new (never used) blackboard eraser can do the trick. Or find soft, static-free cloth (like a cloth diaper) to help wipe away those streaks.
5) When cleaning windows, don’t forget to clean out all of the gunk that ends up in your window sills. An easy way to get deep into all of those cracks and crevices is to use a Q-tip. You can dip it into your window cleaner and then rub it through the cracks. Have a rag or paper towel handy to wipe up all the gunk you end up pulling out. The kids may actually really like this job, so be sure to enlist some help.
Spring is a great time to clean windows. A perfect way to enjoy all of that spring sunshine! So whether you tackle one window a day, or pick a day and tackle the entire job, use these great Window Cleaning Hacks to make the job just a little easier.
Last Updated on