BBQ Flat Iron Steak has just become a dinner staple around here. The reason? It’s so easy to make that I just can’t stop myself. I love how quick and easy this BBQ Flat Iron Steak Recipe is to make and how many different ways I can dress it up for a quick and easy family dinner night.
BBQ Flat Iron Steak Recipe
First, I need to share something with you, this recipe is incredibly quick to make once you have the prep done. However, please stay with me because the prep time is not long either, you just need to basically throw everything into a resealable plastic bag and close it. So what’s the thing that takes time? The marinating.
While you could totally marinate this BBQ Flat Iron Steak Recipe for only a couple of minutes and call it a day (I’ve done it on crazy busy nights) the result is so much better if you let it sit and mingle with all the flavors for a couple of hours. So you can easily prepare it the night before and let it in your fridge overnight until dinner time, or you can put it together at lunch so it’s ready to rock for dinner.
Since marinating is not active time you can still keep up with your work like nothing is happening in your kitchen. The great thing about marinating is that it infuses your meat with so much flavor it’s almost unbelievable.
And can we please talk about how the meat only takes around 3 minutes to cook on each side? That’s a total of 6 small minutes of active cooking!! I mean it can’t get any faster than that right?
To make it a complete dinner, I like to serve it over rice made with my rice cooker and with some steamed broccoli that I quickly cook for 5 minutes over hot water (frozen veggies are your friends when you are in a hurry).
And the best thing is that you can easily do this recipe on a grill and serve with some salad and mashed potatoes at a weekend bbq. I like to call that multitasking.Print
- 1 Pound flat iron steak
- ¼ Cup BBQ sauce
- ¼ Cup water
- 2 Tbsp mustard
- 1 Tbsp minced garlic
- ⅛ Cup brown sugar
- Ground pepper and parsley to taste
- Rice and steamed broccoli
- In a bowl mix the BBQ sauce, water, mustard, garlic, sugar, ground pepper and parsley.
- Pour the sauce into a resealable plastic bag.
- Place the steak in the bag, and mix it.
- Seal the bag and place it in the fridge.
- Marinate for 2-5 hours.
- Take the steak out of the bag, and place it in a pan over medium heat.
- (Discard remaining marinade).
- Cook the steak for desired doneness (around 3 minutes per side for medium).
- Remove the steak from the pan and let it cool down for 3 minutes.
- Cut into strips and garnish with some ground pepper.
- Serve and enjoy.
Don’t forget to Follow Me on Pinterest Here and make sure you Pin this Recipe using the image below to save it to your Pinterest boards.
Last Updated on