So you are invited to a baby shower! The first thing you do is look at the registry only to see that all the items are out of your price range. Not to worry there are several cheap baby shower gift ideas you can pick up for the mom-to-be. You don’t have to pick up an expensive or extravagant gift to impress the mom. In fact sometimes the simplest gifts are the most thoughtful and appreciated. There are so many affordable gifts you can pick up that I couldn’t possibly name them all. I did however, put together a list of 5 affordable baby shower gifts.
If you are helping to plan the shower make sure to check out the post on cheap baby shower favor ideas. You might even be able to incorporate some of these ideas into your gift buying.
Cheap Baby Shower Gift Ideas
1. Diapers – We all know diapers are expensive when you are raising a little one. However, picking up a single pack of diapers for $10 or $15 isn’t that bad and the mom will truly appreciate this gift. Any mom expecting a new baby can never have enough diapers. I suggest buying a size 2 or higher since babies grow out of the beginner stage diapers fairly quick.
2. Baby Care Kit – New moms often register for diapers, a swing, clothes and other small fun items. However, as a mom we all know having a baby isn’t always fun and games. There are times when those precious babies get sick. It always seems they get sick in the middle of the night when stores aren’t open.
Put together and emergency supply kit for the mom-to-be. You can include band aids, gas drops, thermometer, baby Tylenol, diaper rash cream, teething drops and anything else you think needs to go into this kit. This gift will be a hit with the mom-to-be and it is a gift that will come in handy more times than not.
3. Teething Toys – Any kind of baby toys are great but teething toys will be well used! Babies love to put things in their mouth and teething toys are age appropriate and safe for baby. Not to mention mom will love having these handy when the baby starts teething. You can typically pick up teething toys for around $3 or $4 making it a very affordable gift option.
4. Personalized Onesie – Etsy is a great place to find personalized gifts at an affordable price. Recently, I have come across some very cute personalized onesie’s that are just adorable! Getting the mom-to-be a personalized gift for her new baby is a cute way to let her know you are very excited about her upcoming baby. Remember if you are going to order off of Esty to allow plenty of time for shipping.
5. Credit to Easy Canvas Prints – Canvas photos are so adorable and make great wall art. Thanks to online places like Easy Canvas Prints moms can have a beautiful picture of their newborn on a canvas. Think about getting the mom-to-be a gift certificate to an online canvas store. This is a gift that the mom will be able to treasure forever.
What are some of your favorite Cheap Baby Shower Gift Ideas? I would love for you to leave a comment and share your ideas!
Make sure you Follow Me on Pinterest!
Last Updated on