Have you jumped on the butter board trend? This Christmas Tree Butter Board which is made with cream cheese is extremely easy to put together and tastes delicious, too! The key is using Philadelphia flavored cream cheese! I love ideas like this because this type of holiday appetizer is so festive, but very fast and simple to put together before company arrives.
How to Make a Christmas Tree Butter Board
It’s very simple and only requires a few ingredients! Of course, you might like to decorate yours in a different way, but this is what I used for mine!
Christmas Tree Butter Board Ingredients
- 7.5 oz. Philadelphia Cream Cheese, Chive and Onion Flavor
- 1/8 cup Dried Cranberries
- 1/2 cup Fresh Rosemary Sprigs
- 1 oz. Sliced Cheddar Cheese (or any type of cheese you prefer)
- Assorted Crackers and Dippers
First, place the cream cheese on your serving platter or board in a Christmas tree shape. It was easiest for me to start at the bottom of the tree and then work my way up. I added the smears of cream cheese with a spoon! Next, place the tree trunk under the tree. I used twisted pretzels, but you could use crackers, pretzel rods, or anything you prefer really!
After that, place the sprigs of fresh rosemary on top of the cream cheese. It only took about 5 sprigs of rosemary to create the garland. Then, I added the dried cranberries. I placed them to look like ornaments. If you don’t like the tart sweetness of the cranberries, you could use green olive slices for green ornaments or pieces or red pepper for red ornaments. Also, I cut out the star with a knife, but it would be a lot easier to use a mini star cookie cutter, like the one in this set.
The very last thing to do when you create a Christmas Tree Butter Board is to arrange all of your crackers and dippables around it! I think celery would go really well with this, too. So, what do you think? Are you loving the butter board trend? Even though it’s not made of butter, I am pretty partial to this cream cheese butter board idea!! Super cute and festive! I can’t wait for you to try it.
Is a butter board made out of butter?
Originally, a butter board was made out of butter. However the term has already evolved to include anything spreadable! Think of it like a charcuterie board. Originally, they were made out of meat and cheese only. But now there are a million types of charcuterie boards, many of which don’t include meat and cheese. A butter board can be made from anything spreadable now! The possibilities are truly limitless!
More Christmas Appetizer and Snack Ideas
- 15 Healthy Christmas Snack Ideas
- Red and Green Christmas Stuffed Mushrooms
- 20 Christmas Party Appetizer Ideas
- 7.5 oz Flavored Philadelphia Cream Cheese
- 1/8 cup dried cranberries
- 1/4 cup fresh rosemary
- 1 oz. sliced cheddar cheese
- 3 cups pretzels, crackers, and other dippables
- Smear the cream cheese onto the board or serving platter in a Christmas tree shape. It's best to start at the bottom of the tree and work your way up. Be sure to leave room for the trunk at the bottom of the platter.
- Place the fresh rosemary on the tree like garland.
- Add the dried cranberries like ornaments and place the cheese shaped like a star on top of the tree.
- Lastly, add the crackers, pretzels, and other dippables around the tree.