Conversation Hearts Brownie Recipe for Valentines Day!
It is going to be Valentines Day before we know it! I am always on the lookout for new and creative ideas and I know you guys are too! I love this super simple Conversation Hearts Brownie Recipe for Valentines Day that you can make with your kids because it’s simple, easy and you can make your brownies from scratch using the recipe below, or you can grab your favorite boxed mix and still get the same adorable outcome.
I always use my tried and true and favorite brownie recipe (without nuts) for these amazing conversation hearts, but you can certainly use almost any recipe! The trick is to make sure you line the bottom of your pan with foil so that you can easily remove the entire sheet of brownies from the pan, remove the foil from the brownies, and then use a cookie cutter to cut the brownies.
I also highly recommend that you Use a metal cookie cutter for best results.
You can use any brownie recipe you love, then use the recipe listed below for the icing. You will want to divide the icing into smaller bowls before you add the food coloring to create all the different colors.
The icing recipe will harden when you let it dry, then you can write on the brownies using these Food Safe Markers. I loved using these Food Safe Markers for the writing, this is really great for kids because they don’t have to know how to use a bag of icing, they can just write using the markers directly on the brownies once the first layer of icing is dry.
Note: Remember not to push too hard when writing so you don’t go through the icing!
Here’s the recipe for the icing formatted so you can easily print it out!
This conversation hearts brownie recipe is perfect for Valentine’s day.
- 1 pan (9×13 size) brownies, baked and cooled completely
- 3 cups powdered sugar, divided
- cold water
- Americolor Soft Gel Paste in sky blue, leaf green, lemon yellow, deep pink, orange and violet
- Wilton Food Writer Pens in multiple colors
- Ziplock Bags
- Once your brownie recipe has cooled, remove it from the pan and remove the foil from the bottom. Place the brownie sheet onto a large cutting board. Use a sharp knife to cut off the edges. Use a cookie cutter to cut into brownie heart shapes.
- In a small mixing bowl, add 1/2 cup powdered sugar, 2-1/2 teaspoons cold water and one drop of color gel paste. Stir well until evenly mixed. Place into a small ziplock sandwich bag and seal shut.
- Repeat with the remaining colors, until you have 6 different colors of icing.
- Snip the tip of the bag and pipe the icing onto the prepared brownies. Start by outlining the heart and then filling it in with icing. Let set.
- Use food writer pens to add text to the icing. Don’t push too hard, but gently swipe the color onto the icing to write the text. Repeat until all brownies are finished.