Sometimes as women we put everything before we take care of ourselves. That’s why I love giving these DIY Bath Bombs as gifts for friends and family!
Most women tend to love items they can use to pamper themselves. These bath bombs are no exception. They provide a reason to take a break and unwind in a hot relaxing bath. The combination of oils and the fun fizz factor will make any reason to use them fun!
You can find citric acid at most grocery stores and certainly a hardware store in the canning section.
When you first add the liquid it will fizz a little but that’s totally normal. The first step is to combine your dry ingredients, the Baking Soda, Corn Starch and Citric Acid, then slowly add your liquid and essential oils.
Once you have your mixture ready you can press it into molds, then allow to dry completely before trying to remove or they will crumble. I recommend 24-48 hours, the longer the better!
If you use a Silicone Mold you’ll be able to get them out easily so don’t worry about them being stuck if you wait too long!
Here’s a printable version of the recipe for you!Print
This DIY Bath Bomb Recipe for gifts will be well received by any recipient.
- 1/2 cup baking soda
- 1/2 cup citric acid
- 1/4 corn starch
- 1/4 cup coconut oil
- 4 drops essential oils
- 4 drops food coloring gels (optional)
- Mix baking soda, citric acid and corn starch in a bowl.
- Mix coconut oil, essential oil and food coloring if using in a smaller bowl.
- Add wet ingredients to dry ingredients and mix well. You can use your fingers/hands if desired.
- Press into molds and let set overnight.
- Pop out of molds and store in an airtight container until ready to use.
- Depending on the size of the mold, you’ll want to use between 1 and 4 bombs per bath.
If you are new to using essential oils make sure you sign up for our FREE Essential Oils eCourse! You can take this Free class to learn exactly how we use Essential Oils in our home.
You can also get a FREE $20 Amazon.com Gift Card right now when you purchase an Essential Oils Starter Kit which is the BEST Deal on Young Living Essential Oils! Get all the Details on How to Buy a Young Living Essential Oils Starter Kit Here.