These DIY Valentine’s Day window clings are the perfect craft for kids!
I do not recommend allowing colors to touch when they are wet. My “Love Letter” turned into a big glob of ugliness. Simply leave a thin space between the two colors or let one color dry almost completely before adding another color right next to it.
How to make DIY Valentine’s Day Window Clings
- White glue
- Color Gels in Pink, Purple and Red (used Americolor Soft Gel Paste)
- Plastic Page Protectors
- Window Cling Template
- Craft or Popsicle Sticks
- 3 Small Bowls
- Paint Brush
- Place your printed window cling valentine templates inside a sheet protector.
- Place about 2 tablespoons of white glue into a small bowl. I did not measure but simply eyeballed. Place a dollop of color gel into the bowl and mix well with a craft stick. Repeat for the additional colors.
- Use a paint brush to trace the templates, filling in your designs with colored glue.
- Let dry overnight. The window clings should be somewhat flexible.
- Remove from the sheet protector and place onto the window. If the window clings are stiff and hard, dampen the back of the window cling (the part that attaches to the window with a damp paper towel) and stick to the window.
- To remove, simply peel away. The window clings will most likely dry out and need to be tossed.