If you have kids, they have probably at one time or another played with Play-Doh. Most kids love it. What can be an even more fun activity to do with the kids is to make your own Play-Doh. If you are looking for something to do on a rainy/snowy day, make this Easy Homemade Play-Doh recipe with your kids!
What you Need:
1 cup flour
1/2 cup salt
1 cup water
2 tablespoons oil
2 tablespoons cream of tartar
What you Do:
1. Mix all ingredients but food coloring, adding in the water last and slowly as you stir it over medium heat.
2. Continue to stir until it gets stiff.
3. Once all the liquid is gone, place it onto wax paper and let it cool.
4. Knead the dough until it is the right consistency to use for play dough.
5. Use whatever food coloring you want. You can make all one color or divide it up into many.
This Homemade Play-Doh recipe will last for quite a while. Just be sure to store it in an air tight container. I like to either keep each color in an individual ziploc bag or plastic storage container. Another cute way to store it is to wrap each color in plastic wrap or wax paper and stack in a mason jar.
Homemade Play-Doh can also make a cute gift! Make regular colors for a birthday or anytime gift. Or make play-doh in red and green for a cute Christmas gift; red, pink and white make a cute Valentine’s Day gift; or any other colors to match with the occassion. You can include little play-doh tools, like cookie cutters or little rolling pins, and make a cute little gift bag filled with play-doh fun.
If your child is having a birthday, you can make homemade play-doh in the colors of the birthday theme and hand them out as party favors.
Make sure you don’t miss a Deal! Sign up for our Daily Email Updates and get 5 of the HOTTEST Deals every morning sent straight to your email! This is the BEST way to stay on top of all the awesome deals we share each day!
Make sure you Follow Me on Pinterest!
Last Updated on