If you are looking for the perfect gift idea, check out these Gingerbread Cookies In a Jar!
When it comes to holiday treats, gingerbread cookies are a traditional favorite. Use this Gingerbread Cookies in a Jar Recipe for last minute gift ideas or hostess gifts! Here is an adorable way to conveniently prepare these cookies to then be gifted to coworkers, teachers, or friends and family.
Gingerbread Cookies In a Jar
2 cups all purpose flour
1 ¼ cups all purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 cup brown sugar
2 teaspoons ginger
1 teaspoon ground cloves
1 heaping teaspoon allspice
1 heaping teaspoon cinnamon
1 quart canning jar
1 canning lid and ring
1 piece of fabric, cut into a circle about 3 inches larger than the lid
1 piece of ribbon
1 label or gift tag
Preparing the jar
Begin by mixing the baking soda, baking powder, and first two cups of flour. Pour the mixture into the bottom of the jar. Lightly tap the jar on your countertop to help evenly distribute the mixture.
Next, even layer the brown sugar. Again, lightly tap the jar to the countertop.
Mix the remaining flour and spices. Layer this evenly on top of the brown sugar, tapping the jar one last time to make sure the layers are evenly distributed.
Place the lid on the jar. Center the fabric over the lid and twist on the ring. Thread the label or gift tag onto the neck of the jar with a ribbon.
Here are the Baking Instructions to include on the tag of the jar!
- Preheat your oven to 350°.
- Mix the contents of the jar with ½ cup melted butter, 2 lightly beaten eggs, and 1 cup of molasses.
- Cover the dough and refrigerate for 45 minutes to an hour.
- Lightly flour your surface and roll the dough no thicker than ¼ inch.
- Cut the dough with the cookie cutter provided.
- Lightly grease a cookie sheet and place the cookies 1 ½ to 2 inches apart.
- Bake the cookies for 10 minutes.
- Allow to cool before decorating.
This is a fun way to give a Christmas Treat that can be enjoyed after the holidays! Plus, be sure to check out even more Christmas Cookie Recipes!