Check out this Dollar Tree Giving Plate with a Printable Gift Tag! This is an affordable and fun holiday tradition you can start with your family or even a friends-giving. A plate that keeps on giving for many years! This also makes an incredible gift you can even mail to loved ones far away.
Want more fun holiday ideas? Family gratitude pumpkin, kid-friendly Thanksgiving decorations, or this easy DIY thankful tree.
The giving plate is something that has been around forever. I wanted to give you an idea that didn’t cost more than a few dollars. Head out to your local Dollar Tree and pick up the supplies to make this incredible plate.
Where To Grab The Printable
Click Here to head over and print out The Giving Tree printable gift tag. This is a great way to let everyone know exactly what this plate is, and how to pass it on.
How to Make The Giving Plate
With a Sharpie marker, you are going to want to write The Giving Plate in tall block letters in the center of the plate. Make sure your plate is cleaned and dried really well.
The plate needs to be microwave safe.
Now around the outside of the plate, you can write your other words. Enjoy, refill, pass, enjoy, etc. I did a cursive border on the plate. But feel free to do whatever you would like.
Place the plate in a cold oven, and then turn the oven to 300 degrees. Allow the plate to warm up gradually, and bake for 30 minutes.
Turn the oven off, leaving the plate in the oven to cool down.
Once cooled, remove, wash, and then use.
How To Use Printable With Plate
- Print and cut out the free printable.
- Hole punch the edge, to string ribbon through it.
- Tie and you have a gift!
Who To Give This Plate To
- Family Members
- Mail To A Loved One You Can’t Be With
This is a simple and affordable gift you can mail or give to anyone in your life! Have fun, be creative, and make as many plates as you want to send to a loved one.
Can You Wash The Plate
You can wash the plate once it is finished being baked in the oven. Baking the plate in the oven once it is written on with the Sharpie. It will bake on the plate. So then you can hand wash the plate.
I wouldn’t recommend using a dishwasher on the plate, you might find that is a bit too harsh and could remove some of the writing on the plate over time.
Dollar Tree Giving Plate with Printable Gift Tag
The Giving Plate is a plate that keeps on giving. Give this Dollar Tree giving plate a try, it is a super simple craft that makes a wonderful gift for loved ones.
- White Plate (Microwave Safe) from Dollar Tree
- Sharpie Marker (Any Color)
- Clean and dry the plate.
- Write "THE GIVING PLATE" in tall block letters in the center of the plate.
- Write "Enjoy * Refill * Pass * Enjoy * Refill * Pass" in cursive around the outside border of the plate.
- Place the plate in a cold oven and preheat to 300 degrees. This allows the plate to warm up gradually.
- Bake for 30 minutes and turn the oven off, leaving the plate in the oven.
- Leave the plate in the oven until it has cooled. This will allow the plate to cool gradually and avoid cracking.
Here Are More Dollar Tree Posts To Check Out