Anything that gets my kids outside and moving is a great thing! This Halloween Chalk Obstacle Course is easy to make and inexpensive because all you need is sidewalk chalk. I’ll show you step by step how to make it!
How to Make a Halloween Chalk Obstacle Course
It’s SO easy to create this Halloween Chalk Obstacle Course. First, start on a sidewalk or at the end of your driveway. You’ll have five sections:
- Broom Sticks – First write the words “Balance on Broom Sticks” and then draw broom sticks in different directions that your kids can walk on and balance on. I wrote in black, but that didn’t show up as well as I would have liked.
- Spider Web – Next, write “Don’t get caught in the web!” and draw a few spiderwebs along the edges. Kids can either step in the holes in the web OR try to zig zag between them.
- Cauldron Bubbles – After that, write “Pop the cauldron bubbles!” and draw a cauldron. After the cauldron, draw bubbles of all sizes that kids can jump on.
- BOO Word Jumble – Write “Jump and spell “BOO”! Next, write a “B”, “O”, and “O” in order so your kids can jump from letter to letter. Fill in the space around it with other random letters.
- Jack-o-Lanterns – Last one! Write “Jog past the Jack-o-lanterns!” and draw assorted jack-o-lanterns with different faces. Your kiddos can jog past them and try not to step on them!
So what do you think?! Even if you’re not an artist, you can still draw these easy Halloween icons. My kids loved this and I hope yours do, too!
More Halloween Activities for Kids
- Monster Egg Hunt – A fun outdoor activity for kids!
- Squirt Gun Pumpkin Painting – Another fun outdoor activity for kids during autumn!
- Nature Scavenger Hunt for Kids – Free Printable