One of the things I love is Homemade Chili! There is nothing Better on a Cold Rainy Day, Plus I love that it’s so easy to make in the Crockpot!
Here is my Quick and Easy Homemade Chili Recipe that I think you will really enjoy! This is made with everyday seasonings that you probably already have on had so that makes it quick and easy for me to mix this up even without much preparation!
- 3 large sweet potatoes, peeled and chopped into bite size pieces 1 onion, diced
- 1 TBS cumin
- 2 tsp chipotle chili powder
- 4 cloves are garlic, minced
- 3 chipotle chiles in adobo sauce, chopped roughly 28 ounces diced tomatoes
- 15 ounces crushed tomatoes
- 1 can pinto beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can black beans, rinsed and drained
- I bag frozen shelled edamame
- Optional: cheddar or mexican blend shredded cheese, sour cream, cilantro, hot sauce for garnish
- In a large slow cooker spray the inside with non stick spray. Lay the sweet potato chunks in the bottom, then sprinkle the diced onion on top. Sprinkle the cumin, chili pepper, garlic, and chiles in adobo over the top. Using your hands, toss the potatoes and onions to coat evenly with the spices.
- Add the diced tomatoes, crushed tomatoes, pinto beans, and black beans. Stir once; cover and cook on low for 8 hours, or high for 5-6 hours.
- Add the shelled edamame, stir, and cook on high for 15 more minutes.
- Top with desired garnishes and serve immediately. Serves 6-8.
I love to serve this with Fritos and Cheddar Cheese! It’s perfect for a busy day because I can just add the ingredients to the Crock Pot at Lunch Time and it’s ready when we are ready for Dinner!