One of my favorite Morning Treats is Cinnamon Bread, you know the kind you buy in a bag, place in the toaster and cover in butter :) Well here’s a great alternative, this Homemade Cinnamon Bread Recipe is a great way to create a quick morning breakfast on the go all while controlling your own ingredients.
Please Note: This is not a bread machine recipe. I don’t have a bread machine so all the instructions are for the traditional way of making bread, if anyone knows how to convert this to a bread machine recipe please feel free to add that to the comments below.
Here’s the recipe:
- 1 1/2 Cups of Warmed Milk (120 Degrees)
- 1 Cup Warm Water (110 Degrees)
- 4 1/2 tsp. Active Dry Yeast
- 3 Eggs
- 1/2 Cup Sugar
- 1 1/4 tsp. Salt
- 1/2 Cup Butter
- 8 Cups Flour
- 2 Tbsp. Milk
- 1 Cup Sugar
- 3 Tbsp. Cinnamon
- 2 Tbsp. Butter Melted
- Dissolve Yeast in Warm Water and let rest about 10 minutes
- Mix Eggs, Sugar, Salt and Butter in a Bowl
- Slowly add in the yeast
- Slowly add in warmed milk (Do not add all at once or you will cook the eggs)
- Knead the dough for about 5 minutes until smooth
- Place dough in a Greased Bowl and cover.
- Allow Dough to rise till doubled (1 1/2 hours)
- Roll out dough and sprinkle with Milk and Cinnamon and Sugar Mixture
- Roll Dough Up Tightly, Cut in Thirds and Place each section in a Baking Pan
- Allow dough to rise again until Doubled in Size
- Bake at 350 Degrees for just 35 - 40 Minutes
- Remove from oven and brush with Melted Butter
- Allow it to cool before slicing
Nutrition Information:Yield: 12 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 529Total Fat: 12gSaturated Fat: 7gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 4gCholesterol: 75mgSodium: 357mgCarbohydrates: 93gFiber: 4gSugar: 25gProtein: 12g
Make sure you Follow Me on Pinterest!