Have you ever wanted to make Homemade Ice Cream, but you don’t have all the machines or the time it takes to wait for it to churn? Well you’re in luck because I’m going to share with you How to Make Ice Cream in a Bag! This simple method is super fun for kids + they can each make their own bag so there’s no arguing about who gets to help!
This turned out perfect! My kids all loved it but my little guy especially thought it was a fun treat!
You only need a few simple ingredients. I love that this recipe uses simple ingredients, nothing too fancy and no added chemicals. Just Heavy Whipping Cream, Vanilla, and Sugar!
You will need Rock Salt and Ice Also. Combine all ingredients in a small Ziploc bag, then seal tightly. Fill a Gallon Size Ziploc Bag with Ice and about 1/3 Cup Rock Salt. Place the smaller bag inside the larger bag that is filled with ice and shake for about 15 minutes!
When the ice cream is hardened then you can eat directly from the bag or place in another bowl. I found it hard for my little ones to eat straight from the bag, also the outside of the bag was salty so it was easier for us to place the ice cream in another bowl!
You can place the ice cream in the freezer to harden a little more if you would like. Just don’t wait too long, it’s delicious when it is still soft and has that Homemade Taste!
Watch this video to see how simple it is to make your own homemade ice cream in a bag!
Here’s the recipe that we used! You could easily double or triple this depending on how many people you are making it for. This is the recipe for a single serving.
- 1 Cup Half and Half or Heavy Whipping Cream
- 1 Tbsp. Sugar
- 1 tsp. Vanilla
- Quart Size Ziploc Bags
- Gallon Size Ziploc Bags
- 1/3 Cup. Rock Salt
- Combine all ingredients in a small Ziploc bag, then seal tightly. Note: You may want to place this bag inside an additional small bag to make sure the bag doesn't bust while shaking.
- Fill a Gallon Size Ziploc Bag with Ice and about 1/3 Cup Rock Salt.
- Place the smaller bag inside the larger bag that is filled with ice and shake for about 15 minutes!
- When the ice cream is hardened then you can eat directly from the bag or place in another bowl.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 2 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 230Total Fat: 18gSaturated Fat: 12gTrans Fat: 1gUnsaturated Fat: 6gCholesterol: 59mgSodium: 18752mgCarbohydrates: 13gFiber: 0gSugar: 12gProtein: 4g
Make sure you Follow Me on Pinterest!