This Mardi Gras Pasta Salad is delicious, colorful, healthy, and festive! With shades of purple, green, and yellow, it’s the perfect savory addition to your Mardi Gras party meal. For me, it’s so easy to find sweet desserts like King Cake for Mardi Gras, but savory recipes and side dishes are much tougher! I am so excited to share this with you guys because it’s so easy to make!
How to Make Mardi Gras Pasta Salad
The yellow corn, green onions, and purple cabbage are such healthy ingredients for a Mardi Gras-themed recipe!
Ingredients for Fat Tuesday Pasta Salad
- Spiral pasta
- Purple cabbage, shredded
- Whole kernel corn – You can use fresh or canned corn. I used canned corn in this recipe.
- Green onions, finely chopped
- Mayonnaise – You could add more or less depending on the taste you like and how creamy you want your pasta salad.
- Dijon-style mustard
- Basil, dried
- Salt and Pepper – Just add to taste!
Instructions for Mardi Gras Pasta Salad
First, cook the pasta noodles in boiling water to al dente according to package directions. You could also use bow tie pasta. The shape and brand of pasta you use will determine how long you need to boil it. Drain thoroughly and place it in a large mixing bowl.
Next, in a skillet on the stovetop set to medium-high, melt the butter, sauté the corn for two minutes, and then add it to the pasta.
Also add the cabbage and green onions to the pasta. Mix well. In a separate small mixing bowl, combine mayo, mustard and seasonings. Mix well and add to pasta. Toss gently and stir carefully with a spatula, if needed.
Serve either immediately at room temperature or serve at a later time, chilled at all your Mardi Gras parties! This pasta salad makes 8 servings and may be stored covered in an air-tight container in the refrigerator for up to a week.
More Festive Mardi Gras Recipes for Fat Tuesday
- King Cake Earthquake Cake – Delicious and easy!
- A HUGE List of Mardi Gras Recipes – Over 20 Ideas
- Mini King Cakes – So easy to make with refrigerated cinnamon rolls!
- 1 pound spiral pasta
- ½ cup shredded purple cabbage
- 1 cup whole kernel corn
- 2 tablespoons butter
- ½ cup finely chopped green onions
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise (more or less to taste)
- 1 teaspoon Dijon-style mustard
- ½ teaspoon dried leaf basil
- Salt and Pepper, to taste
- Cook the pasta in boiling water according to package directions. Drain thoroughly and place in a large mixing bowl.
- In a skillet on stovetop set to medium-high, melt the butter and sauté the corn for two minutes and then add to pasta.
- Next, also add the cabbage and green onions to the pasta. Mix well. In a small mixing bowl, combine mayo, mustard and seasonings. Mix well and add to pasta. Toss gently.
- Serve either immediately at room temperature or serve at a later time, chilled at all your Mardi Gras parties!
Nutrition Information:Yield: 8 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 231Total Fat: 14gSaturated Fat: 4gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 10gCholesterol: 13mgSodium: 173mgCarbohydrates: 23gFiber: 2gSugar: 2gProtein: 4g