3 Ingredient Nutella Mug Cake is a simple and easy microwave dessert. A simple and quick dessert you can make with 3 ingredients and just 2 minutes of your time. You can dust the Nutella mug cake with some powder sugar and dive in fork first.
Mug cakes are a great way to curb sweet cravings, without having to make a whole cake. Consider it a single-serve cake that cooks right in the microwave. Whip this up anytime you got a sweet tooth kicking in.
This 3 Ingredient Nutella Mug Cake Is…
- Quick to mix up
- Cooks in under a minute in the microwave
- Light and fluffy cake
- Loaded with hazelnut flavor in each bite
- Simple to make
What Do I Need to Make This Mug Cake
How To Make
Full directions are in the printable recipe card below. This is a quick walk-through on how to make this mug cake.
In your mug, you will whisk up all 3 ingredients. Make sure to get it fully combined. Then place the mug cake in the microwave and cook for 1 minute and 45 seconds. Or until your cake is set.
Let your cake cool and then top with powdered sugar, drizzle with more Nutella, hot fudge, a scoop of ice cream, etc. The options for topping your cake are endless.
Best Mug to Use For Mug Cakes
The biggest thing you need to watch for is making sure it is a microwave-safe mug. You do not want to have your mug to be too hot to grab and remove from the microwave.
You also want a larger mug as the cake will rise a bit as it cooks. Make sure to not have the cake overflow the mug.
How to Know When The Mug Cake Is Done
Just like with a regular cake you will want to make sure the cake is fully cooked by sticking a toothpick in the center of the cake. If it comes out clean of wet batter the cake is done. Otherwise, if you find some wet batter, return to the microwave to cook longer.
All microwaves heat a bit differently, so just know the cooking time can vary.
Variations To Recipe
- Add in a few chocolate chips to the batter for added chocolate flavor.
- You could add in some white chocolate chips.
- Top with a few chopped nuts.
- Drizzle on hot fudge or caramel sauce.
Want More Nutella Desserts
- Breakfast Idea for Kids using Nutella
- Best Nutella Desserts
- Nutella Brownies
3 Ingredient Nutella Mug Cake
Give this 3 ingredient Nutella mug cake a try. It takes just 3 simple ingredients to make, and microwaves in under 2 minutes. Nutella cake that is a single serve mug cake.
- 1/2 cup Nutella + 2 tablespoons
- 2 eggs, whisked
- 4 tablespoons flour
- Mix together all ingredients with a whisk in a large mug and microwave for one minute and forty five seconds, or until the mug cake begins to pull away from the edges of the mug and is cooked in the middle.
- Let cool before eating. If desired, top with ice cream or drizzle with more Nutella or fudge.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 1 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 870Total Fat: 44gSaturated Fat: 35gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 6gCholesterol: 372mgSodium: 189mgCarbohydrates: 95gFiber: 7gSugar: 62gProtein: 22g