This Pumpkin Spice Cinnamon Rolls Recipe is the perfect weekend breakfast, they are also a great on-the-go weekday breakfast once you have them done. They last a lot of time in the freezer (up to 6 months!!), you can keep them up in your fridge for up to 1 week and let’s be honest, everyone loves them!
My personal favorite thing about them is how tasty and warm they are! They are spicy yes and taste like our favorite fall drink ;) They are also incredibly quick to make. Seriously only 1 hour from start to finish!
They are incredibly fun to make with the little ones that really love to help with the cooking and kneading processes! I mean, what else can we ask for in a recipe? It’s quick (1 hour!!) + it’s freezer-friendly + it’s a total crowd favorite! Bring it up!
For me, the secret is in the filling. While the outer layer is doughy and soft and just a bit crunchy and literally baked to perfection, the magic is on the inside. I make the filling with butter and brown sugar and pumpkin spice and a tiny bit of cream cheese.
All those things mixed together create this uber soft and super fragrant cinnamon roll filling that’s just to die for! If you are feeling like going the extra mile, you can also top them with cream cheese glaze, but if not, the pumpkin spice cinnamon rolls are really good by themselves.
Make a big batch and share with the neighbors, wrap it up for a hostess gift and make them for an everyday breakfast. After all, when you have a breakfast that takes only 1 hour and looks and tastes this good, you know you are going to end up using the recipe a lot more times than once.
For the dough
- ½ Cup water
- ¾ Cup milk
- ½ Cup sugar
- ½ Cup butter
- 1 Tsp salt
- 2 Eggs
- 4 Cups flour
- ¼ Ounce yeast
For the filling:
- ½ Cup butter
- ½ Cup brown sugar
- 2 Tsp pumpkin spice
- 1 Tbsp cream cheese
For the Glaze:
- Cream cheese glaze (optional)
- ½ Cup cream cheese
- ¾ Cup powdered sugar
- ¼ Cup butter
- ⅛ Cup water
- Warm up the water and add the yeast, set aside.
- In a bowl mix the sugar and butter.
- Add the eggs, milk, and 1 cup flour. Once it’s mixed in, add a second flour cup. Add the yeast and repeat the process with the remaining flour.
- Mix until well incorporated.
- Transfer to a flat surface and knead the dough for 5 minutes.
- Place in bowl, cover and let it rise for 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, whip up the filling: melt the butter, soften the cream cheese and mix in a bowl with the sugar and pumpkin spice.
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Once the dough has risen, punch it down and transfer to a flat and floured surface.
- Roll out into a rectangle.
- Spread the filling and roll it to form buns.
- Slice it and take to a previously greased baking pan.
- Take to the oven and bake for 25 minutes or until golden brown.
- Optional: while baking, whip up the glaze mixing all ingredients in a bowl, and take to a piping bag.
- Remove from the oven, top with cream cheese glaze.
- Serve and enjoy.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 12 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 487Total Fat: 25gSaturated Fat: 15gTrans Fat: 1gUnsaturated Fat: 8gCholesterol: 96mgSodium: 412mgCarbohydrates: 59gFiber: 1gSugar: 25gProtein: 7g
I hope you enjoy this recipe as much as we do! Nothing says Thanksgiving more than Pumpkin Spice and Cinnamon! Mmm! Plus, be sure to try this Apple Slab Pie for another festive dessert recipe!