Oh my!! You have got to try these Salt Dough Easter Eggs for Kids!
My kids absolutely LOVE playing with any sort of play dough, clay or salt dough, which makes these Salt Dough Easter Eggs for Kids perfect for them! They love creating items and then saving them for later. My daughter always wants to display them on the shelf in her room or give them away to her friends at school. These Easter eggs are different, creative, and FUN! Plus, it’s an easy way to celebrate the holidays without having too much sugar or overdoing it on the Easter treats. :)
I grabbed this salt dough recipe from the salt people themselves, Morton! I figure if they make salt, they must know how to make salt dough. :) But really it’s such a simple dough, you’ll know how to make it in no time!
How to make Salt Dough Easter Eggs for Kids
Here’s What You Need:
- 2 cups all-purpose flour, plus additional
- 1 cup table salt
- 1 cup cold water
- Baking Sheets
- Aluminum Foil
- Egg Shaped Cookie Cutter
- Acrylic Paints in a variety of colors
- Clear Spray Sealer (Clear Spray Paint works fine)
- Paint Brushes
- Cover baking sheets with aluminum foil and set aside
- Add flour and salt in a mixing bowl and mix well.
- Stir in water. Mix well until a dough ball forms.
- On a lightly floured surface, knead the dough for several minutes, adding flour while kneading to reduce stickiness.
- Roll onto a floured surface and use an egg shaped cookie cutter to cut eggs into the dough.
- Place onto a prepared pan with the help of a spatula
- Preheat oven to 350 and bake dough for about 15 minutes. Check on the status of the dough. Return to the oven for an additional 5-15 minutes or until dough begins to turn light brown. Remove from oven and cool completely.
- Use acrylic paints to paint the eggs. Let dry completely.
- Seal the dough with a coat of clear spray paint on the front and back of the eggs to preserve them.
I think these Salt Dough Easter Eggs turned out great! My kids love the Emoji one I made for them, I think it’s their favorite!
We can’t wait to have an Easter Party and make these with out cousins! It will be such a fun time – complete with an Easter Egg Hunt as well!
Speaking of Easter Egg Hunts, here are some of my favorite Easter Egg Hunt Ideas for Kids! Easter is one of our most favorite holidays to celebrate! We hope you and your family remember the true reason of Easter and that Jesus is Risen, He is risen indeed!