Shark Week Ocean Water is the perfect way to sip and enjoy your favorite Shark Week episodes! Kids will go crazy over this blue ocean water drink that is perfectly sweet!
I also share some really fun shark treats that you can whip up and snack on as well! Shark week is fun, and this shark drink recipe can be used all year round. Whether you want a baby shark drink, shark birthday party, etc.
Why This Shark Week Ocean Water Drink Is A Hit
Easy Ingredients – Head to your pantry and grab all the ingredients you need. You might have almost all of the items already on hand.
Sweet – Perfectly sweet and delicious shark week inspired drink. This shark drink is colorful but also a nice splash of sweet.
Fun – Who doesn’t love fun themed drinks? Kids and adults will enjoy this simple drink.
Family Friendly – A non-alcoholic drink that the whole family can enjoy.
- Lemon-Lime Soda (I used Sprite)
- Shark Gummies
- Blue Food Coloring
- Coconut Extract
How to Make Ocean Water
The full directions on how to make ocean water are in the printable recipe card below. This is a quick walk-through on how to make.
Step 1: Heat water to warm it up, and then pour the sugar in and stir. You want warm water to ensure the sugar can melt, otherwise you will have gritty texture to your drink.
Step 2: Next you will add in the Sprite, coconut extract, and blue food coloring. Stir well to combine.
Step 3: Pour ice in cups, and then pour the ocean water in. Then top with shark gummies and a drop of grenadine!
Can I Make This Drink In Advance
The Sprite will go flat if it sits in the fridge. You can mix up the sugar and water and store in the fridge for 2-3 days until you are ready. Then just assemble the rest.
Tips and Variations To Recipe
- Leave out the sugar and water if you don’t want the drink as sweet. Just replace with more Sprite or other Lemon Lime sugar.
- The Grenadine is optional, but I love the kick of flavor it adds.
- If you are not a fan of coconut, leave out the coconut extract.
- The shark gummies are optional, but they sure are fun. Make sure to place the sharks on the top of the ice so they stay floating.
- Add a drop of red food coloring to look like blood in the drink, for a fun twist.
Want More Fun Drink Recipes
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/8 tsp coconut extract
- 2 cans Sprite, Sprite Zero, or Diet Sprite
- Several Drops Blue Food Coloring, depending on how blue you want your drink!
- 2 shark gummies
- 1 splash grenadine
- Heat water for 1 minute in a large glass microwave-safe measuring cup.
- Next, add sugar and stir until dissolved.
- Then you will add coconut extract, Sprite, and blue food coloring.
- Add ice to two glasses and pour beverage over ice.
- Add a shark gummy to each glass, as well a drop of grenadine. Makes two servings.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 2 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 273Total Fat: 0gSaturated Fat: 0gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 0gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 92mgCarbohydrates: 72gFiber: 0gSugar: 69gProtein: 0g