Be sure to check out the most recent Walmart Coupon Policy to help you stay informed when you use coupons at your local Walmart!
According to the Walmart Coupon Policy, they accept Manufacturer’s Coupons as well as Competitor’s Coupons and there is no limit to the number of coupons you can use in a transaction. Each store will vary on which Competitor Coupon it will take according to region, as most stores only accept Competitor Coupons for stores in their local area. Always take the Walmart Coupon Policy with you to the store in case you run in to any acceptance issues!
Walmart has a Price Match Policy that you can also check out with the complete information on how to correctly Price Match at Walmart.
This policy applies to all properties owned or operated by Walmart Inc., or one of its subsidiary companies (excluding Sam’s Club locations) in the United States (Walmart).
Manufacturer Coupon Policy
To help our customers save money and live better, we gladly accept valid paper manufacturer coupons issued by manufacturers of products that Walmart sells. These paper manufacturer coupons must scan at the register and must not be expired in accordance with the following guidelines.
Coupon Guidelines – Walmart accepts the following
- Accept only one paper manufacturer coupon per item.
- Walmart will follow the manufacturer’s limitations as stated on the coupon
- Example: 4 coupons for the same item
- There is no limit on the number of coupons (variety) that can be used in a total transaction
- All coupons require the following information printed on them.
- “Manufacturer Coupon”
- A GS1 barcode that can be scanned
- A valid remit billing address for the manufacturer of the product being purchased
- A valid expiration date and must be presented before expiration
- Walmart accepts Dollars/Cents Off coupons and BOGO (Buy One Get One Free)
- All coupons must be presented to the cashier at the time of purchase.
- Coupons cannot be applied after the transaction is completed or to previous purchases.
- Items purchased must match the coupon description (brand, size, quantity, color, flavor, etc.). Acceptance of unmatched coupons is against policy and will be denied.
- Coupons must scan at the register, as the GS1 on the coupon validates to a master file.
- Coupons are void if copied, scanned, altered, transferred, purchased, sold, or as prohibited by law.
- The coupon value will be applied to the price of an item allowing any overageto be applied to the transaction total.
- In select instances, Walmart may give cash after overages are applied to the transaction total (remaining basket).
- SNAP items purchased in a SNAP transaction are applied to the basket purchase and are ineligible for cash back.
- WIC items purchased in a WIC transaction are applied to the basket purchase and may not be eligible for cash back. Refer to state specific WIC guidelines.
- Walmart reserves the right to limit quantities to ‘typical retail purchases’ except in states where it is prohibited (NM).
Internet (Print-at-Home) Coupons
- We gladly accept valid, internet manufacturer coupons for the manufacturer’s items with a GS1 barcode that scans at our register and are not expired.
- We do not accept internet coupons for free items with no purchase requirements.
- Internet coupons that display characteristics below will not be accepted:
- Out of proportion
- Do not scan properly
- Appear to be altered in any way
Buy One Get One Free Coupons (BOGO)
- BOGO manufacturer coupons cannot be combined by using a 2nd manufacturer BOGO coupon on the 2nd item (i.e. you cannot use two BOGO manufacturer coupons on two items and get both for free). Unless stated otherwise on the coupon, the use of one Buy One Get One Free coupon requires that two of the valid items are presented at checkout of which one item will be charged to the customer at the full price and the 2nd item will be discounted by its full retail price.
- A BOGO manufacturer coupon and a Dollar/Cent Off coupon cannot be combined (i.e. you cannot use a BOGO coupon and a Dollar/Cent Off coupon on two items). Unless stated otherwise on the coupon, the use of one Buy One Get One Free coupon requires that two of the valid items are presented at checkout of which one item will be charged to the customer at the full price and the 2nd item will be discounted by its full retail price.
- Walmart does not accept BOGO manufacturer coupons with a percentage (i.e. buy the first item at full price get 50% off the 2nd item).
- Returns of items purchased using Manufacturer Coupons may receive the coupon value returned in the original form of tender, thus providing the full purchase price back to the customer.
- Coupons will not be given back upon return of the merchandise.
- Walmart reserves the right to decline the return of items purchased with manufacturer coupons.
- Walmart does not accept (mobile) digital coupons, (example: coupons scanned off a mobile phone)
- Walmart does not accept expired coupons
- Walmart does not accept counterfeit coupons (VISA, MC, AMEX, Applebee’s or any coupons made by a third party.
- Walmart does not accept vouchers or gift certificates.
- Walmart reserves the right to not accept UPC-A coupon barcodes.
- Walmart reserves the right not to accept manufacturer coupons with no matching requirements (e.g. 992 family code).
- Acceptance of unmatched manufacturer coupons to the correct purchase item is against policy and the coupon will be denied.
- Walmart does not accept competitor /retailer coupons
- Walmart does not accept bottle caps for redemption.
- Walmart does not honor double or triple coupons.