If you are like many of us, you find that you always seem to have an endless supply of toothpaste. For so long it was always free somewhere, and you can still quite often find it for free, so we keep buying it. You can donate some, give some to friends and family, but do you ever wonder if you could be using it for something other than brushing your teeth?
Here are 10 Creative Uses for Toothpaste:
1) Help relieve irritation from bug bites or blisters. When applied to an area with a bug bite, toothpaste can help eliminate the itch. In the case of a blister, it can help reduce the swelling.
2) Help clean up your sneakers. Toothpaste can help clean up the rubber soles around your sneakers. Just apply directly to wear you need to clean, and rub with a
3) Help soothes a burn. Applied lightly to a fresh burn, toothpaste can help cool the burn. Never apply to a burn with an open sore.
4) Help remove stains from carpet. Toothpaste can help remove stubborn stains from the carpet. Just apply directly to the stain and rub with a brush. Rinse immediately.
5) Help decrease the size of a facial blemish. This best works when used overnight. The toothpaste will help dry up and blemish and reduce the size. Just rinse it off in the morning. This one was a life saver when I was a teenager!
6) Help clean up your fingernails. Toothpaste can not only help clean up your teeth, but your fingernails as well. You can use a toothbrush to apply to the tops and undersides of your fingernails to make them cleaner and stronger.
7) Help remove crayon from the wall. So your little one was at it again and left you a Picasso on the living room wall. Just take a little toothpaste on a rag and wipe until gone.
8) Help remove scratches from DVDs. If you have a favorite DVD that has seen it’s share of viewing and is totally scratched up, never fear. Just apply a thin coating of toothpaste directly to the scratch and rub gently then rinse clean. Works the majority of the time on surface scratches.
9) Help clean up old jewelry. Use a toothbrush and toothpaste to clean up old looking jewelry. Just rub gently with toothpaste and toothbrush and then wipe clean.
10) Help defog goggles. This summer when you are at the pool, try putting a dab of toothpaste on each lens of your goggles and wiping it off. This will help them from fogging up while swimming.
For all of these little tricks, you will want to use the plain old white, non-gel toothpaste. The other stuff you find in toothpaste these days can ruin some of the items discussed above.
So next time you look and see how many tubes of toothpaste you have left, grab one and get busy!
Last Updated on