If you are planning a trip to Disney, did you know there are several steps you can take BEFORE you leave to save some cash? Take a look below at 10 things to do BEFORE going to Disney so you can have a great time for less. With a little preplanning, you can see how much you can really save!
10 things to do BEFORE going to Disney
1. Buy souvenirs: When you arrive at the parks, you will see how pricey souvenirs can be. Instead, buy items such as tshirts, collectibles, and hats prior. They will cost less and you can pack them up to open when you arrive at your destination.
2. Choose your meal plan: Take the time to investigate the various meal plans and decide what your best deal is. By doing this before you can chose what works best for you and saves you the most cash.
3. Make a “must do” list: Let each family member choose one “must do” item. This way, you aren’t wasting time trying to decide at the park. Plan each person’s must do item prior to leaving so when you arrive you have a plan in place.
4. Read helpful reviews: Spend a few minutes reading through reviews of the various restaurants and eateries. Many reviews include tips for eating for less and which places can give you great value.
5. Find an autograph book: Don’t buy one of the expensive park autograph books. Instead, go to the dollar store and find a notebook that you can decorate with Disney stickers. Pack it with you so that when you run into characters, you are ready for a signature!
6. Take your own toiletries: Be sure to pack mini sunscreens, pain medications, chapstick, sunglasses, etc. These items will keep your comfortable but will be pricey if you need to buy them in the parks.
7. Make reservations: Some of the restaurants and dining experiences fill up months in advance. Be sure you have booked reservations at the places you wish to experience. This saves you the time and stress of having to do this at the parks or getting left in the dark without somewhere to dine!
8. Talk to Disney experts: Consult the Disney Moms Panel or other online specialists who have tons of Disney knowledge. Ask them any questions you have about saving money and getting the most for your dollar at Disney. They are happy to help.
9. Give the kids disposable cameras: Skip the pricey photo options Disney offers and give the kids disposable cameras instead. This way they can make their own photographic memories for less.
10. Set clear expectations: Let kids know that Disney is a special experience. They may not get to do everything they wish, but should be encouraged to appreciate the experience they are getting.
If you are planning a Disney trip, keep in mind these 10 things to do BEFORE you go. They are sure to save you time and money.
We also have a great post with all of our Ways to Save at Disney World & Disney Land so if you’re planning a trip to Disney there are some great resources to check out!
If you want to share this post with Friends & Family, You can pin this post using the graphic below!
Photo Adapted and Used Under Creative Commons License, Original Source: CDHARRISON
Last Updated on