It is amazing how much cleaning you can do just with things you find in your kitchen. Salt is one item that can do a lot of good when you need an extra hand with the cleaning.Here are 10 Things you can Clean with Salt:
1) Clean Cast Iron Cookware – Fill bottom of pan with oil and heat it up. Then add a couple tablespoons of salt.This should form a paste. Then just scrub and wipe clean.
2) Remove Soap Scum – Remove soap scum from bathroom tile by mixing salt and vinegar (about 1 part to 4 parts) and scrubbing. Wipe clean with damp rag.
3) Spruce up Cutting Boards – Use a damp rag dipped in salt and rub both sides of your cutting board to buff them up.
4) Remove Rust from Metal – Make a paste from salt, cream of tartar and water and apply to the item. Let sit in the sun (if possible) until dry and then buff clean.
5) Add Shine to Copper and Brass – Squeeze out the juice from half a lemon and sprinkle salt inside the rind. Rub this all over the item. Rinse with water and wipe dry.
6) Clean Automatic Coffeemaker Carafe – Fill carafe with water and add a few tablespoons of salt. Bring to a boil.
7) Clean Extra Greasy Pans – Add a bit of salt and then scrub with hard brush or scrubber. Wash like normal to rinse.
8) Coffee Stains in Coffee Mugs – Use a sponge to rub the coffee stains with a paste made from salt and vinegar. Then just rinse with water.
9) Keep Sponges Fresh – Let your sponges soak in a salt water solution after using to keep fresher longer.
10) Add Shine to Chrome – Shine up sink faucets and other fixtures using a mixture made from 2 tablespoons salt and 1 teaspoon vinegar. Apply to fixture and then buff with a rag. Rinse with water and wipe dry.
Last Updated on