15 Excuses Your Elf on the Shelf Forgot to Move
Oh no. You forgot to move the Elf on the Shelf. The truth is the season gets busy and it happens. So now what do you do? The good news is there are all sorts of creative reasons to give for why the elf forgot to move. In fact, we have included 15 reasons your elf on the shelf forgot to move below. Take a look at these reasons and see if any of them will work the next time you need to get out of an elf on the shelf bind!
1. The elf wasn’t feeling well and needed to rest for a bit. Once he feels better he will get back to being mischievous.
2. The elf heard you coming so he froze. He will wait until everyone is gone to move.
3. The elf fell asleep and overslept. He will set his alarm so it doesn’t happen again.
4. He’s been so busy helping Santa he lost track of time. It’s time to move again already?
5. He heard the cat/dog/bird and got scared. He will try again later.
6. He plans on moving, he is just taking his time picking the perfect spot.
7. He heard the kids talking back. He can’t move again until he hears an apology.
8. His cell phone died and he lost track of time.
9. His favorite television show was on t.v. He promises to not let it happen again!
10. He drank too much eggnog (Chocolate, Cake, etc.) and got an upset tummy. He needs to sleep today.
11. He wasn’t sure if it was night time yet. Open a curtain so he can see better.
12. He is feeling a little short on magic. Sprinkle him with glitter and wait another day.
13. He might be too cold to move. Wrap him in a blanket and wait a little while.
14. The elf was too busy helping other elves find their hiding spots he got behind. Won’t happen again!
15. There were Lightning Deals on Amazon he couldn’t miss. He has a family to buy for too, ya know.
Hopefully you will enjoy a flawless Elf on the Shelf season and won’t have to use any of these excuses. But if you do, you have 15 to help get you through! Give these 15 reasons the elf didn’t move a try and quickly get yourself out of sticky situation.