When it comes to organizing your closet, it can seem like a never-ending battle. It is something that can be tackled, but you do have to keep it up, to maintain your organized closet. Here are 15 organization ideas for your closet.
1. Change your items every season: Store out of season clothes in boxes that are labeled, for each season. Be sure to change your seasonal items to keep the clothes you need accessible.
2. Only keep what you love: If you have items that you don’t really care for get rid of it, either donating or selling items that you don’t love, will help you keep your closet organized.
3. Only keep what you use: Go through your clothes and accessories and don’t keep anything you don’t use. Storing items that don’t benefit you anymore is only keeping your closet cluttered.
4. Turn your hangers around: This is a really good method to keep track of what you’re actually using in a month, then you can donate the clothes you aren’t using.
5. Keep a donation box in your closet: Keeping a donation box in your closet, will keep it close by and easy to access. It is a good way to remind you to donate items you no longer need or like.
6. Don’t keep clothes that don’t fit well: If you have clothes that don’t fit well, and have many different sizes, it’s not helping to encourage you. It’s a constant reminder that you’ve put on a few extra pounds and cluttering your closet at the same time.
7. Try a capsule wardrobe: This is a great way to minimize your wardrobe. One method is called 333. With this method, you keep a total of 33 clothing, shoes, and accessories items for 3 months. It is a good way to downsize and create a style that is comfortable and easy to wear.
8. Put up a peg board to hold accessories: Peg-boards are inexpensive and a great way to organize your purses, belts, and, other accessories. Putting up a peg board on your closet door is a great use of space.
9. Use inexpensive organizational tools like hanging canvas shelves: If you don’t have a lot to invest into your closet, hanging canvas shelves are great to help organize your closet. You can fold clothes that you don’t want to hang because they lose their shape.
10. Use shoe boxes to stack and keep your shoes organized: Using clear boxes for your shoes is a practical way to keep your shoes organized and clean. You can stack them up and still see what you have.
11. Use clear plastic drawers to keep personal items organized: Clear plastic drawers are good for storing your underwear, belts, and socks. It helps you to know what you have because you can see through the drawers and they are stackable, as well.
12. Use customizable wire racks: Customizable wire racks are a really good option to maximize your closet space. That way you create the storage that fits you.
13. Hang purses on hooks: Hanging purses on hooks, either on your clothes bar or on a peg-board, keeps your purses clean and organized. It also helps so you can see what purses you have to go with your different outfits.
14. Use labels to keep things where you want them: Using labels on shelves, or on drawers helps you to keep everything where it belongs. That way if you’re in a hurry to put your things away, you can easily see where everything goes.
15. Go through your items at least once a month: If you go through your closet once a month it won’t get overwhelming, and help you keep your closet organized. Once it’s organized, keeping it organized won’t be such a big endeavor if you regularly go through your items.
Organizing your closet can seem like a big job, but once you have a plan and implement it, you’ll be glad you did. Anyone can have a neat, and organized closet with a little work, and staying diligent to keep it that way.
Make sure you don’t miss our 8 week organizational challenge! You can click here to sign up and get our Free Printable Checklist!